Safe Mode

Is there a way in Windows XP Professional to make it boot
in safe mode?

Hi Julie ... Yes there is , Try this click start >>> then click Run >>> type
msconfig , click ok >>> then click the BOOT.INI Tab >>> then just add a
check mark on SAFEBOOT >> click apply ,,, then restart your computer and it
will take you there ... Once you are done in safe mode just go back and
remove the check mark follow by clicking apply ... Restart and you should be
back to normal boot

"Julie Kinney" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way in Windows XP Professional to make it boot
> in safe mode?

Additional thought: There is a button to the right of the Safeboot box to
enable networking while you are in safe mode. Depending on what you are
trying to do, you may want to enable networking as well.

"Road Runner" <beepbeep@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Julie ... Yes there is , Try this click start >>> then click Run >>>
> type msconfig , click ok >>> then click the BOOT.INI Tab >>> then just
> add a check mark on SAFEBOOT >> click apply ,,, then restart your computer
> and it will take you there ... Once you are done in safe mode just go back
> and remove the check mark follow by clicking apply ... Restart and you
> should be back to normal boot
>
> "Julie Kinney" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a way in Windows XP Professional to make it boot
>> in safe mode?

This sounds like it might work if you can boot the
computer in normal mode in the first place. I tried
hitting F8 during the boot process but either that
doesn't work anymore or I'm not hitting it at the right
time.

wrote in message
>> Is there a way in Windows XP Professional to make it
boot
>> in safe mode?
>

>.

Hi again ... Are you saying that you can't boot up your computer in normal
mode ??? Also has tapping the F8 key ever work for you in the past ??? Have
you ever booted in safe mode before ???

> This sounds like it might work if you can boot the
> computer in normal mode in the first place. I tried
> hitting F8 during the boot process but either that
> doesn't work anymore or I'm not hitting it at the right
> time.

Correct. I can't boot in normal mode. The Windows XP
screen comes up and then it hangs. F8 worked for me in
Windows 95 and 98.

wrote in message
>> This sounds like it might work if you can boot the
>> computer in normal mode in the first place. I tried
>> hitting F8 during the boot process but either that
>> doesn't work anymore or I'm not hitting it at the right
>> time.

Disconnect all devices except the monitor, keyboard, and mouse and then
reset.

> Correct. I can't boot in normal mode. The Windows XP
> screen comes up and then it hangs. F8 worked for me in
> Windows 95 and 98.

That is all I've ever had plugged in.

wrote in message
>> Correct. I can't boot in normal mode. The Windows XP
>> screen comes up and then it hangs. F8 worked for me in
>> Windows 95 and 98.

Also , Are you using a USB keyboard and mouse? If so try PS2 instead

> Disconnect all devices except the monitor, keyboard, and mouse and then
> reset.
>
> "Julie Kinney" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Correct. I can't boot in normal mode. The Windows XP
>> screen comes up and then it hangs. F8 worked for me in
>> Windows 95 and 98.

You need to provide information on your computer