assign a drive letter to a local folder in Windows 2000

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 30, 2004 11:04:09 PM

I would like to know how to assign a drive letter to a
local folder. I believe in previous versions of windows
you could use the 'Use' command but not sure how to do it
in Windows 2000

Thanks

June 30, 2004 11:25:39 PM

You should be able to use the "subst" command from a command prompt to
assign a drive letter to a local folder.

For example,

subst t: c:\temp

would make t:\ map to c:\temp.

Use

subst t: /d

to delete the mapping.

Use

subst

to list the current mappings.

Another way to do this is to use "net use" as in

net use t: \\localhost\c$\temp

to map t: to c:\temp. Perhaps that's what you were thinking of?

--Richard

Please post FRS related questions to
microsoft.public.windows.server.dfs_frs and prefix the subject line
with "FRS:" to make it easier to spot. Note that FRS is used to
replicate SYSVOL on domain controllers and DFS root and link targets.

For additional FRS resources, please visit
http://www.microsoft.com/frs.

rights.

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 19:04:09 -0700, "blade66"