assign a drive letter to a local folder in Windows 2000

I would like to know how to assign a drive letter to a
local folder. I believe in previous versions of windows
you could use the 'Use' command but not sure how to do it
in Windows 2000

Thanks

More about assign drive letter local folder windows 2000

    You should be able to use the "subst" command from a command prompt to
    assign a drive letter to a local folder.

    For example,

    subst t: c:\temp

    would make t:\ map to c:\temp.

    Use

    subst t: /d

    to delete the mapping.

    Use

    subst

    to list the current mappings.

    Another way to do this is to use "net use" as in

    net use t: \\localhost\c$\temp

    to map t: to c:\temp. Perhaps that's what you were thinking of?

    --Richard

    Please post FRS related questions to
    microsoft.public.windows.server.dfs_frs and prefix the subject line
    with "FRS:" to make it easier to spot. Note that FRS is used to
    replicate SYSVOL on domain controllers and DFS root and link targets.

    For additional FRS resources, please visit
    http://www.microsoft.com/frs.

    rights.

    On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 19:04:09 -0700, "blade66"

    >I would like to know how to assign a drive letter to a
    >local folder. I believe in previous versions of windows
    >you could use the 'Use' command but not sure how to do it
    >in Windows 2000
    >
    >Thanks

Windows 2000 Windows