Offline Folder files.

I am having a problem with Synchronising offline folders
on a W2K laptop. The laptop is set up to synchronise the
My Documents folder with the server. Also several other
files and folders are set up to synchronise with another
server. The problem is that this other server has now
been decomissioned and is no longer connected to the
network. Is is safe to just delete the affected files
from the Offline files folder in Synchronization Manager?
Also how will I prevent the laptop from searching for the
old File and Print server on the network as this is
slowing everything down on the laptop.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Yes, its safe to delete offline files from your offline
folder unless you need them :)
Disable the offline synch from tools, synchronize. Remove
the check box.
Have you mapped printers? or locally installed them on
your machine? Uninstall the printer from control pannel
and d/c mapped printer if any.