Sign in with
Your question

s.o.s card advice needed

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 29, 2006 2:42:42 AM

this foram must get this all the time but i am buying my system next week and am stuck on the following, i believe i need to buy a nvida based card because i have a msn 32 sli deluxe which is based on a 590 chip, however iam stuck as to what to buy a xfx 7900gt or a xfx 7900gtx, i will use it for a variety of games like C&C geners, nfs series, fp shooters, and alot of dvd watching and video encoding, the processor is a am2 5000+ with corsir 6400 2 gig.

help!!!!!!!!! time is running out.

More about : card advice needed

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 29, 2006 2:47:39 AM

oh and further to that my computer shop has told me the ati x1900xtx has been discontuined....i dont want to pay all that money for old tec??but i like the ati??
August 29, 2006 2:50:55 AM

Quote:
oh and further to that my computer shop has told me the ati x1900xtx has been discontuined..

Man, some of these people mention there computer shops and it scares me on their business practices. Are half the people working in these places that damn retarded?

The X1900 series is no where near discontinued and dont let anybody tell you otherwise. If you want an X1900, then by all means, get yourself one.
Related resources
August 29, 2006 2:58:02 AM

I can vouch for that, if you want an ATI card, go get one. They aren't discontinued.

(I know you already said this Raven_87, but I just want to get the point across)
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 29, 2006 3:02:40 AM

understand guys but what about the nvida chipset on my motherboard, isnt it better to pair the nvida card with the nivda chipset???
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 29, 2006 3:11:23 AM

Man, some of these people mention there computer shops and it scares me on their business practices. Are half the people working in these places that damn retarded?

hence why i havent brought a card yet cause i thought better of that story!!!!,
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 29, 2006 4:06:53 AM

if youre veiwing this and have something to add please do, as theres nothing like buying a product that youre not sure is the correct one, like i may do next week, my questions still remain unanswererd???
August 29, 2006 4:28:12 AM

Quote:
I can vouch for that, if you want an ATI card, go get one. They aren't discontinued.

(I know you already said this Raven_87, but I just want to get the point across)

Sorry guys, but i second ya all...

steve, how many pc shops in ur area?i'm sure there many of them....unless u r doin sli (which means nv cards), u can go wit anything u want...
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 29, 2006 5:15:49 AM

there a quite alot of shops in my area, however i have already purchased last mth my mobo asus m2n32 sli deluxe and it said on the box its better to use nvida chip sets, weather thats marketing hype or not..i just dont want to yake the chance of buying a high end card and not getting the max from it
August 29, 2006 2:40:45 PM

Marketing hype, that is all it is. Nvidia chipsets work very well with ATI cards, you just can't use Crossfire with them.

But if you want to keep a dual card configuration open in the future, get an Nvidia card.
August 29, 2006 3:03:36 PM

I's say get the GT, with DX10 coming soon buying a high-end doesn't really make sense, and the GT can handle basically anything out there (I know I have one).
August 29, 2006 3:24:10 PM

i say get a 7600gt and save a couple of bucks since the DX10 is arround the corner so you can buy a DX10 card when it come's out.
August 29, 2006 4:41:21 PM

Quote:
i say get a 7600gt and save a couple of bucks since the DX10 is arround the corner so you can buy a DX10 card when it come's out.

Why? So he can turn around and buy a whole new operating system and GPU a couple of months after he bought all this? I'd say get a X1900 or 7900 series card, and give yourself more time for DX10 and Vista to mature.
!