Can't delete files in temp folder

Trouble began in may. Norton AV scan kept hanging when it
got to the windows temp folder:
c:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings\temp
I tried moving the problem files to another folder,
scanning selected folders and then files, but the more I
moved and scanned, the more files caused Norton to hang.
So I tried disk cleanup and it froze too. Now if I even
click on files in the temp folder, the system hangs up. I
can't end the task. All I can do is shutdown, which takes
a VERY long time. Please help.
2 answers Last reply
More about delete files temp folder

    Create another user with local admin rights and delete the files from there.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Jane" wrote:
    | Trouble began in may. Norton AV scan kept hanging when it
    | got to the windows temp folder:
    | c:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings\temp
    | I tried moving the problem files to another folder,
    | scanning selected folders and then files, but the more I
    | moved and scanned, the more files caused Norton to hang.
    | So I tried disk cleanup and it froze too. Now if I even
    | click on files in the temp folder, the system hangs up. I
    | can't end the task. All I can do is shutdown, which takes
    | a VERY long time. Please help.

    Have you tried logging in safe mode and deleting the file
    from using dos?

    newsgroup.
    >Microsoft Certified Professional
    >Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    >http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >

    >"Jane" wrote:
    >| Trouble began in may. Norton AV scan kept hanging when
    it
    >| got to the windows temp folder:
    >| c:\documents and settings\administrator\local
    settings\temp
    >| I tried moving the problem files to another folder,
    >| scanning selected folders and then files, but the more I
    >| moved and scanned, the more files caused Norton to hang.
    >| So I tried disk cleanup and it froze too. Now if I even
    >| click on files in the temp folder, the system hangs
    up. I
    >| can't end the task. All I can do is shutdown, which
    takes
    >| a VERY long time. Please help.
    >

    >.

Windows