SEEING RED with Epson Stylus Photo 1280 -HELP!!!!!

Denise

I am getting thin red lines printing all through my image. I have
cleaned heads, tried different settings etc. I have a client waiting
for his print out. Please Help!

denise wrote:
> I am getting thin red lines printing all through my image. I have
> cleaned heads, tried different settings etc. I have a client waiting
> for his print out. Please Help!

On 2 Aug 2005 10:20:37 -0700, in comp.periphs.printers "denise"
<denisemilic@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I am getting thin red lines printing all through my image. I have
>cleaned heads, tried different settings etc. I have a client waiting
>for his print out. Please Help!

Check that the rollers and pizza wheels are clean. Next would be the
underside of the head. Easiest way to get at this is remove the top cover
of the printer. Move the head over as if you were going to manually change
a cart. This exposes the head parking station. Use some paper towel/tissue
to wick ink out of the foam pad. Then lightly wet with standard blue Windex
and rewick repeating until the foam is clean The lightly wet the foam. Park
the head back and let sit for a couple hours. repeat until the foam no
longer collects ink off the head.
----------
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Denise

Hi Art
I have sent you an email with the image. I would say the lines are
magenta and they are printing even on economy setting. The problem
seems to be getting worse- as previously the lines were farther apart
and not necessarily thru full image. Now they are quite close together
and seem consistant thru out page! Even when I print with Black Only
selected.

If you can, please send me a 300 dpi scan of this defect on paper, in a
2" x 2" section, jpegged to high quality. Please email it as an
attachment, to the same address I posted this from.

Are the lines magenta or red, do they remain if you print at 720 dpi or 360?

PS: from the sounds of this, this is a failure of the nozzle selection
card within the head unit.

Art

denise wrote:

> I am getting thin red lines printing all through my image. I have
> cleaned heads, tried different settings etc. I have a client waiting
> for his print out. Please Help!

Denise

Well. OK Now her's tha latest development. I needed to print some
samples for my client - so red lines or not I had to show him
something. I had a 5 pg document so I just let it run. When I looked at
the print out I noticed that the lines had totally disappeared by the
second half of the second page. I then opened an Adobe file and set it
to print 4 copies. Not a line.
Do you think there might be a leak in the cartridge that builds up
while it's sitting idle? Should I go a buy new cartridge and give it a
try?

denise wrote:

>Well. OK Now her's tha latest development. I needed to print some
>samples for my client - so red lines or not I had to show him
>something. I had a 5 pg document so I just let it run. When I looked at
>the print out I noticed that the lines had totally disappeared by the
>second half of the second page. I then opened an Adobe file and set it
>to print 4 copies. Not a line.
>Do you think there might be a leak in the cartridge that builds up
>while it's sitting idle? Should I go a buy new cartridge and give it a
>try?

IF IT IS AN AFTERMARKET CART OR AN EPSON CART FILLED WITH UNBRANDED INK
ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN.

Hopefully, I have replied to you by now regarding this. (I can't be
sure because many people have differing email and names on private mail
versus public postings).

Art

denise wrote:

> Hi Art
> I have sent you an email with the image. I would say the lines are
> magenta and they are printing even on economy setting. The problem
> seems to be getting worse- as previously the lines were farther apart
> and not necessarily thru full image. Now they are quite close together
> and seem consistant thru out page! Even when I print with Black Only
> selected.

If we are speaking about the defect I think we are, most people report
it as intermittent at first, coming and going, but eventually in becomes
permanent or almost so.

If the line is one nozzle in thickness and tends to extend outside the
margins of the image on the paper's edges, it is likely a head defect
which will eventually return.

Art