Companions can be pleasant (vice frustrating)

Ok, I finally tried one of the more talked about companion mods. Laura
Craft. I must say that I am VERY pleasantly surprised. Not only does
she not get lost, she has not gotten killed yet (though, I did several
times--but not because of Laura). More, she adds a welcome piece of
responsiveness in a game that (wonderful though the game is) does tend
to leave the player feeling very lonely and isolated when no one on the
whole of Vvardenfell changes very much based on what the character
does. The mod is well thought out, and rather more complex than I'd
expected (both in terms of Laura's interactions with the player and the
quests).

So, if you need something to do with all that extra gold you have or
that extra piece of great armor or those extra intervention amulets,
then you might consider one of the ocmpanion mods. I've only played
Emma's, and I like Laura a lot. (I tried interacting with the witch
girl, but decided I needed to be a more advanced character as her storm
autronarchs kept killing me.) Laura starts out to match the player's
level, and so is more suitable for hooking up with in the early game.

Hmm, I haven't noticed that. But my character is female, so maybe that
makes a difference? Or maybe it is version sensitive?

I have beome a fan of Emma's mods. I'm doing the Lost Heir. You have to be
Neverarine to do this mod. The companions are very interactive.

26.06.05, Ellen Gittleman (harmonylion@nyc.rr.com)

>I have beome a fan of Emma's mods. I'm doing the Lost Heir. You have to be
>Neverarine to do this mod. The companions are very interactive.

And "The White Wolf of Lokken" is one of the best, story-oriented mods ever.

Ciao,
Jochen

PB

"DeAnn" <diwan@mitre.org> schreef in bericht
> Ok, I finally tried one of the more talked about companion mods. Laura
> Craft. I must say that I am VERY pleasantly surprised.

Laura Craft???
Every evening she put off her clothes....terrible.
I prefer my dog....... http://www.borrasart.com/pieterborra.htm

pieter