HP deskjet 3822 - Pissing me off - wont print

Hi

I have a HP deskjet 3822. It has started making a clunking noise. i have
contacted online help on HP`s website. guy has told the gears have slipped
and it needs an onsite inspection. This probably costs more than the printer
itself. Is there anything i can do

Many thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about deskjet 3822 pissing wont print

    Seems to be a very common problem with the Deskjet 3820. I have personally threw
    5 of them away for my customers. I just sold them a 900 Series Deskjet cheap
    (around $40 w/good used Inks) since it is so much cheaper for them instead of
    for me to find the gear and take the time to repair them, In your case here, I
    do believe it will be a much better option to find a good HP Deskjet 950 or 930
    inkjet (both use #78 Color and #45 black). I actually took one apart to check
    the gear out just out of curiousity. It is really a piece of Sh@#.

    Dewaine

    Damo wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I have a HP deskjet 3822. It has started making a clunking noise. i have
    > contacted online help on HP`s website. guy has told the gears have slipped
    > and it needs an onsite inspection. This probably costs more than the printer
    > itself. Is there anything i can do
    >
    > Many thanks

Printers Deskjet Hewlett Packard Peripherals