ie explorer window opens - not full size

fred

Hi,

When IE Explorer opens, the window does not open to the full size.

I have tried using the max icon and also grabbing and dragging to full size,
but the next time, it is does not open to full size.

What is the trick to get it back to default to full size?

Thanks,

Fred
(to send email, get the lead out)

Fred wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When IE Explorer opens, the window does not open to the full size.
>
> I have tried using the max icon and also grabbing and dragging to
> full size, but the next time, it is does not open to full size.
>
> What is the trick to get it back to default to full size?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fred
> (to send email, get the lead out)

Drag it to full size and then use the File/Close to close the window. It
should open full after this.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Fred" <janfred1234lead@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When IE Explorer opens, the window does not open to the full size.
>
> I have tried using the max icon and also grabbing and dragging to
> full size, but the next time, it is does not open to full size.
>
> What is the trick to get it back to default to full size?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fred
> (to send email, get the lead out)

Windows remembers the size of the last Normal IE window closed.
Open such a link.
Don't use the maximize button.
Stretch the edges/corners so that the window fills the screen.
Close all other IE windows.
Close the stretched window.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

If by any chance it doesn't, close IE, open Windows Explorer, Tools, Folder
Options, View, check Remember each folder's view settings, OK; now open IE,
stretch it to max, close it; finally, go back and uncheck...

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" <ronv@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Fred wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> When IE Explorer opens, the window does not open to the full size.
>>
>> I have tried using the max icon and also grabbing and dragging to
>> full size, but the next time, it is does not open to full size.
>>
>> What is the trick to get it back to default to full size?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Fred
>> (to send email, get the lead out)
>
> Drag it to full size and then use the File/Close to close the window. It
> should open full after this.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User

johnf

This works with all folders (until they decide to 'forget' again some time
in the future)
Drag bottom L-H corner to fill screen, hold down Shift, close window by
clicking on the top R-H 'X'

--

johnf

> Hi,
>
> When IE Explorer opens, the window does not open to the full size.
>
> I have tried using the max icon and also grabbing and dragging to full
> size, but the next time, it is does not open to full size.
>
> What is the trick to get it back to default to full size?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fred
> (to send email, get the lead out)

johnf

Sorry, Drag bottom R-H corner

--

johnf

> This works with all folders (until they decide to 'forget' again some
> time in the future)
> Drag bottom L-H corner to fill screen, hold down Shift, close window by
> clicking on the top R-H 'X'
>
> --
>
> johnf
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When IE Explorer opens, the window does not open to the full size.
>>
>> I have tried using the max icon and also grabbing and dragging to full
>> size, but the next time, it is does not open to full size.
>>
>> What is the trick to get it back to default to full size?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Fred
>> (to send email, get the lead out)

Hi, John - and Fred.

Actually, any of the 4 corners will work. Or you can stretch the side and
then the bottom - or vice versa - or any such sequence. Be sure you first
move it to the opposite border or corner.

But the problem is that IE's memory is easily changed. So, if you have your
nice big IE window onscreen, then you close it only to find a small pop-up
lurking behind, when you close that small window, IE will remember THAT size
for next time, since the pop-up was the LAST IE window closed. You'll have
to go through the stretch-n-save exercise again next time you open IE. :>(

This is one of the most FAQ here, sad to say, Fred. Some of the threads
have much fuller explanations, so you might want to look through some of
those.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"johnf" <john_f@bigREMOVEpond.net.au> wrote in message
> Sorry, Drag bottom R-H corner
>
> --
>
> johnf
>
>> This works with all folders (until they decide to 'forget' again some
>> time in the future)
>> Drag bottom L-H corner to fill screen, hold down Shift, close window by
>> clicking on the top R-H 'X'
>>
>> --
>>
>> johnf
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> When IE Explorer opens, the window does not open to the full size.
>>>
>>> I have tried using the max icon and also grabbing and dragging to full
>>> size, but the next time, it is does not open to full size.
>>>
>>> What is the trick to get it back to default to full size?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Fred

It seems to lose its memory quite a bit when Remember Each Folder's View
Settings is unchecked... this has worked for me in several win versions...
but true it is, it is not 100% permanent.
--
Cheers,
Alphonse