Access denied

Hi

I have a existing forest and inside this forest i have 2 domain inside.
Problem :
If a PC in domain A want to view the shares detail in the another pc in domain B using netbios name e.g net view \\PCA. It will give access denied error but if we use the IP address instead it give no error..

Can anyone help?
Thanks

Check your DNS and WINS entries to make sure they are mapped correctly. Also check to make sure that the GPO on those computers allows access from the network.

The way you say that the DNS/NetBIOS names won't work, but the IP address does sounds like a DNS/WINS problem, however, you should look into what users and groups have access to what. Best Practice is to use the Everyone Group Full-Control (Shared) and then control actual access by using NTFS permissions.

also, if your GPO settings don't have it set to Allow Users to Access this computer From the Network, then no one can access through the network.

Hope some of this helps,
Brandon Dedman
MCSA