Icons don't show on Desktop for User Profile

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 6, 2004 1:11:44 PM

We have one user who's profile doesn't show any icons on
desktop. You can logoff of profile but you can't see any
icons or startup bar. Deleted profile and created it
again but we still get the same problem. When we logon as
Admin all icons show up.
Anonymous
July 6, 2004 2:41:21 PM

Check that explorer.exe is the default shell to start. Look at the Reg_Sz
string value of;
"Shell"="Explorer.exe"
found at
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Else these may help you.

No Desktop or Blank Desktop After Logging On to Windows 2000 (Q256194)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q256194

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade of Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q292/1...

What an In-Place Windows 2000 Upgrade Changes and What It Does Not Change
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q306952

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional