Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Don''t know / Care

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

BaC-80

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Read on
I bought some SLI-Ready (but MB does not detect it as such) TwinX XMS2 6400C4 (rated at 4-4-4-12 @ 2.1V)

here are the exceprts from the corsair tech express mails
Number 1:
"Case Details

----------------------------------

The client BaC 80 contacted support on 8/26/2006 7:15:00 AM regarding a problem with their Motherboard GA-M59SLI-S5 and the module part # TWIN2X2048-6400C4.

BaC 80 says that their problem is best described as " [ not provided ] "

BaC 80 's CPU listed as AMD 3800+ AM2

BaC 80 's Power Supply listed as Hiper 580W Type-R

BaC 80 's Video Card listed as Gigabyte GV-3D1

The Memory Settings are listed as Manual

BaC 80 also provided these comments: my mother board does not detect this memory as SLI ready memory but has an option to change this not sure what they do also the MB has more ram settings that I am unsure what they mean:
tRRD auto at 3 clock
AsyncLat auto at 5nS
tRC auto at 23 Clock
tWR auto at 6 clock
tRWT auto at 4 clock
tWTR auto at 3 clock
tREF auto at 3.9 uS
just wondering if i need to change the auto settings as the cas and other settings i know where set very conservatively and its falling over on instalings windows

BaC 80 is not overclocking their motherboard/system.

After running memtest, BaC 80 ( I hadn’t installed so this was false but option needed to be ticked) reported that "I ran Memtest on all the modules in my system and did not get any errors."

No Overclocking Results Provided."

Number 2:

"Please try installing Windows with one stick. PLease refer to the link below for timings:

http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52348"

I had at this point already managed to get XP installed using one stick
and posted back it was crashing in games and mem test showed errors

Number 3:

"On 8/28/2006 2:28:00 PM you sent a message to Corsair Technical Support with regards to the following: Managed to get windows installed with one stick have and issue now with crashing in games and mem test errors

Corsair Technical Support Responds: MAny users are experiencing issues running the DDR Frequency at 800MHZ with the 3800+. Plewase manually set the frequency to 667MHZ."

So lets get this right I pay for 2 gig and extra £50 about $95 Dollars to get 800MHz extra low latancy memory (over the 800mHz 5-5-5-15) so the chip is not bottlenecked by the memory speed and Corsairs solution is to make it run like sub £100 memory? not even at 800 mHz

I am Absolutely sick hope this makes it to as many tech forums in the world as possible and people realise whats happening

BaC 80

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
I am a little confused. What do you mean when you say "SLI ready memory?" I have never heard of such a thing...or at least never heard of the anti-SLI ready memory.

BaC-80

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
My motherboard and the memory are now SLi certified with EPP this is supposed to detect the memory and then in conjuction with the motherboard improve preformance somehow

either way the big SLi Ready sticker on the memory modules packaging was a supprise to me as well

Upsetian

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2006
Just asking (I skimmed through the post and didn't see this anywhere)

Does your motherboard support EPP RAM? Do you have the latest BIOS?

Run MEMTEST with your RAM@677 and RAM@800 - SLI RAM gets phunky when EPP is not enabled.

EDIT: Saw your other post - try looking how to enable EPP RAM for your mboard, and Update the BIOS

BaC-80

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Got quite a bit of help from Corsair over this via direct contact with some one higher up
IT would seem the memory isnt to blame the motherboard entries for the +0.3v (recomended setting) i was setting in the BIOS does not seem to hold all the time into windows when it does it works ok when it does not then obviously it all falls over. the 590 chipset is a bit new and hopefull y this will be sorted out after a new bios revision.

so IMO Corsair still Kings and excellent service to boot :)