Sign in with
Your question

circular ring on the left top side of the screen

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 29, 2006 7:29:51 AM

I have this problem whenever the window start and will say WELCOME. I always get a circular ring on the left top side of the screen (its big)... thats the only place i get that though, when I get on my desktop everything is perfect... can anybody tell me whats causing this, is it the video card or the lcd screen... by the way, i have a 17 inch view sonic 3ms/response and a geforce xfx 6600 256mb also I have a 500w x-finity psu...
August 29, 2006 12:13:10 PM

Well, a surefire way of finding out is by trial and error. You may try to use a different monitor and if it still persists, then the video card is the problem, now if its the other way around, the monitor is the problem.
August 29, 2006 12:42:11 PM

Quote:
I have this problem whenever the window start and will say WELCOME. I always get a circular ring on the left top side of the screen (its big)... thats the only place i get that though, when I get on my desktop everything is perfect... can anybody tell me whats causing this, is it the video card or the lcd screen... by the way, i have a 17 inch view sonic 3ms/response and a geforce xfx 6600 256mb also I have a 500w x-finity psu...

It could be your settings. It sounds like your experiencing artifacts due to running at 8-bit or 16-bit color modes. Check your Display Properties settings panel to make sure you are running at 32-bit mode. Also check the specs on your monitor to make sure it supports 8-bits per channel and not 6 like some monitors.

One way to test the monitor is to create a gradient image of mainly blue colors and see if you get the same artifacts.
Related resources
August 29, 2006 4:51:14 PM

Um, unless I'm misunderstanding your post, I do believe that's what supposed to show up when windows starts up. It's supposed to be a sun or something. I only say this because that's the only screen where that graphic shows up.

Did this just start showing up recently?
August 30, 2006 3:19:53 AM

Quote:
Um, unless I'm misunderstanding your post, I do believe that's what supposed to show up when windows starts up. It's supposed to be a sun or something. I only say this because that's the only screen where that graphic shows up.

Did this just start showing up recently?

U got it rigth,,, It only showing up on that WELCOME screen and i have that in the very begining,,, so, ur saying its NORMAL,,, co'z I still have it with all the rigth config.... but, thanx anyways...
!