Unable to access Administrator file structure

Used administrator account to do microsoft system update
on local machine. After rebooting the system, I'm not
getting all the programs that were initially setup and
working beforehand. For example, outlook express had 8
local folders. It doesn't exist anymore. All my Internet
Favorite folders don't exist.

After looking in Explorer folders, there is my
Administrator folders and Administrator.HOME-<computer
name> folders. Why are there 2 Admininstrator(s)

What happened and why am I getting this when logging into
my Administrator account. Is this a environment variable
probem? How can I rectify this to log into my true
Administrator account
1 answer Last reply
More about unable access administrator file structure

    The profile is probably corrupt. Use this article to create a new one, then
    copy over the parts you need from the now orphaned/ corrupt profile. Use the
    import function for your mail software.

    User Profile May Become Corrupted After You Perform a Clean Windows 2000
    Installation
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=296834

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "NealC" wrote:
    | Used administrator account to do microsoft system update
    | on local machine. After rebooting the system, I'm not
    | getting all the programs that were initially setup and
    | working beforehand. For example, outlook express had 8
    | local folders. It doesn't exist anymore. All my Internet
    | Favorite folders don't exist.
    |
    | After looking in Explorer folders, there is my
    | Administrator folders and Administrator.HOME-<computer
    | name> folders. Why are there 2 Admininstrator(s)
    |
    | What happened and why am I getting this when logging into
    | my Administrator account. Is this a environment variable
    | probem? How can I rectify this to log into my true
    | Administrator account

File System Microsoft Windows