Cannot delete files from Sandisk card

January 8, 2005 6:54:20 AM

I have a 128 MB Sandisk card with my XDAII. Sometime ago I copied several JPG files to it from the main memory of the phone. Now I am not able to get rid of these files.

Whenever I delet them they just come back after some minutes. Also I am unable to copy other files onto the card. I can copy but they dont show up on the file explorer.

I tried formatting the SD card and creating a My Documents folder on the storage card. This by the way I could do only when the card was removed from the phone and inserted into a USB card reader.
However when I reinsert the card into the phone, I cannot see the My Documents folder as well as the JPG files are back.

Where is the problem?

Sridhar

January 8, 2005 6:54:21 AM

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 03:54:20 GMT, "Sridhar Krishnamoorthy via
PocketPCJunkies.com" <forum@PocketPCJunkies.com> wrote:

>I have a 128 MB Sandisk card with my XDAII. Sometime ago I copied several JPG files to it from the main memory of the phone. Now I am not able to get rid of these files.
>
>Whenever I delet them they just come back after some minutes. Also I am unable to copy other files onto the card. I can copy but they dont show up on the file explorer.
>
>I tried formatting the SD card and creating a My Documents folder on the storage card. This by the way I could do only when the card was removed from the phone and inserted into a USB card reader.
>However when I reinsert the card into the phone, I cannot see the My Documents folder as well as the JPG files are back.
>
>Where is the problem?

Files are reappearing on a formatted SD card? Are you sure they aren't
being stored in internal memory or in the File Store (ROM) area? If
you reinsert the card into the card reader on the computer, do the
files show up on there?

The My Documents folder on the storage card won't show up unless you
create it - it is not automatically created on storage cards.

--
Rob Borek
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

Anyone have any suggestions? I am having the same problem with a SanDisk card and windows Vista. I even did a "low level format". I take a few pictures, plug my camera back in and all the old pictures show back up again.
!