Windows 64 bit wont install after dban

Status
Not open for further replies.

emerypcnoob

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
ok im not sure this is in the right place but i have a problem (as indicated by the fact im here) ok not to long ago i built a pc and shortly after came up with a better motherboard then thee one i had so i took it back and got the new board. got home put in the board and then idk few days later after no use i turn it on to try and play a game and it ran so slow it wasnt funny. so i said ok well ill just erase the hard drive. and i did so using dban boot and nook well then i was unable to reinstall my windows 7 pro 64 bit. come to find out its an upgrade disc. so i got a hold of a friend and he installed windows xp 32 bit. i later the next day realized its only showing i have 3 gigs of ram when i know it should be 8. so i get ahold of that friend again and he installed windows 7 32 bit (home premium i think) and now will read that it has 8 gb of ram but says only 3 usable. and then he had a message come up saying windows code he entered was not valid. and he tried again and still nothing. then he started clicking around had a message come up saying that a code (or something) was missing in the bios and as a result wont let me input the activation code for windows. so i was wondering if anybody might be able to tell me what i can do to fix this (btw im sorry for my bad grammar) and thank u to anybody whom replies :) :pt1cable:

hibou53

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
First you need VISTA 64Bit, you can't use XP for UPGRADING.
and you dont need to install the licence until upgrading to Windos7
also xp can only reconise 3Go of memory...but win7 does

Thry this it will works.

For your grammar(You are french?)
Alors voila: utilise la version de Vista 64bit,
tu ne peus pas passer de XP a win7 mais vista Oui.
prend n'importe quel version Vista 64Bit (pas besoins d'installer la licence Maintenant
car tu installe la Nouvelle version Win7 64Bit... une fois installer tu entre ta licence.

ET sa fonctionne.............Le Update ne s'installe qu'a partir de Vista.

de plus XP ne reconnais que 3Go de memoire meme si tu en a 8Go

Amicalement Gaetan

emerypcnoob

Distinguished
May 22, 2011
no im not french! why do u think i am? i am american but i know my grammar is horrible
oh and i kinda had a friend fix it so i dont have a problem anymore. thanks anyways tho

emerypcnoob

Distinguished
May 22, 2011

thanks for the reply but i had a friend of mine install windows 7. for sure going to check out the instructions there tho (also i found out after i asked that xp 32 bit can only read up to 4 gb ram)

Status
Not open for further replies.