Uncompressing Compressed Drive

Scott

I have an arrayed drive that somewhere along the way was
compressed. I do not know why, so don't ask. This drive
happens to be the drive where SQL is installed and a
number of client databases are stored. The actual drive
capacity is 98 GB. Compressed there is 32 GB used and 64
GB free. I need to create a plan to uncompress either the
entire drive all at once or folder by folder. Is there a
way to determine the time it will take to do the
uncompression? This is a production server and the time
needed has to be scheduled with multiple clients due to
the access needed to the data stored on this drive. Any
information anyone can provide would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 07:14:08 -0700, "Scott" <scott.morrill@fnf.com> wrote:

>I have an arrayed drive that somewhere along the way was
>compressed. I do not know why, so don't ask. This drive
>happens to be the drive where SQL is installed and a
>number of client databases are stored. The actual drive
>capacity is 98 GB. Compressed there is 32 GB used and 64
>GB free. I need to create a plan to uncompress either the
>entire drive all at once or folder by folder. Is there a
>way to determine the time it will take to do the
>uncompression? This is a production server and the time
>needed has to be scheduled with multiple clients due to
>the access needed to the data stored on this drive. Any
>information anyone can provide would be much appreciated.
>Thanks in advance.

See tip 316 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Schedule a batch to run during off-hours.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

Scott

I know 'how' to do it, but I need to know if there is a
way to find out how long it would take to uncompress the
entire drive, all at once. If that is longer than the
time I have, then I would need to do it folder by folder.

<scott.morrill@fnf.com> wrote:

>>I have an arrayed drive that somewhere along the way
was
>>compressed. I do not know why, so don't ask. This drive
>>happens to be the drive where SQL is installed and a
>>number of client databases are stored. The actual drive
>>capacity is 98 GB. Compressed there is 32 GB used and
64
>>GB free. I need to create a plan to uncompress either
the
>>entire drive all at once or folder by folder. Is there
>>way to determine the time it will take to do the
>>uncompression? This is a production server and the time
>>needed has to be scheduled with multiple clients due to
>>the access needed to the data stored on this drive. Any
>>information anyone can provide would be much
appreciated.
>>Thanks in advance.
>
>See tip 316 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at
http://www.jsiinc.com

>Schedule a batch to run during off-hours.
>

>Jerold Schulman
>Windows: General MVP
>JSI, Inc.
>http://www.jsiinc.com
>.

I don't know of any way, but I can't imagine it would take more than a couple of
hours.

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 08:22:12 -0700, "Scott" <scott.morrill@fnf.com> wrote:

>I know 'how' to do it, but I need to know if there is a
>way to find out how long it would take to uncompress the
>entire drive, all at once. If that is longer than the
>time I have, then I would need to do it folder by folder.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com