Error Deleting File or Folder

I restored a file from a backup to my desktop and found it empty on the
desktop. I then tried to delete it but I get an error message saying "Cannot
delete <named file>: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or
write protected and that the file is not currently in use". I am logged on as
administrator and the file is not in use etc.
How can I delete it?
--
Hotdog Dave
1 answer Last reply

    Can't Delete a File or Folder in XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm#del�

    For more information see these links if required:-
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320081
    You Cannot Delete a File or a Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298345
    "Access Denied" Error Message When You Try to Delete a File
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319368
    You Receive an "Access Denied" Error Message When You Delete Folders from a Mounted
    Drive

    "Hotdog Dave" <HotdogDave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I restored a file from a backup to my desktop and found it empty on the
    > desktop. I then tried to delete it but I get an error message saying "Cannot
    > delete <named file>: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or
    > write protected and that the file is not currently in use". I am logged on as
    > administrator and the file is not in use etc.
    > How can I delete it?
    > --
    > Hotdog Dave

Desktops Windows XP