Error Deleting File or Folder

October 30, 2004 4:15:01 AM

I restored a file from a backup to my desktop and found it empty on the
desktop. I then tried to delete it but I get an error message saying "Cannot
delete <named file>: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or
write protected and that the file is not currently in use". I am logged on as
administrator and the file is not in use etc.
How can I delete it?
--
Hotdog Dave
Anonymous

Can't Delete a File or Folder in XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm#del�

For more information see these links if required:-
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320081
You Cannot Delete a File or a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298345
"Access Denied" Error Message When You Try to Delete a File
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319368
You Receive an "Access Denied" Error Message When You Delete Folders from a Mounted
Drive

!