Problem with NTDLL.DLL

I got a problem that started poping up a few weeks ago. Actually, it's not so much a
problem as it is an annoyance. A couple of weeks ago I started getting the following popup
error when I launch a program. It doesn't seem to affect anything though, because clicking
OK gets rid of the box and the program then launches and operates without problems.

"The procedure entry point RtlUnhandledExceptionFilter could not be located in the dynamic
link library NTDLL.DLL"

Any ideas, any way to fix this? I tried replacing ntdll.dll but it's one of the first
things Win2000 Pro loads so it's always running

NTDLL.dll is a low level system dll and is protected. It is highly unlikely
that it is the root cause of the failure. What that error actually means is
that a program tried to launch but it was looking for a version of NTDLL
that is later than the one on the box. This could be caused by an
application expecting/requiring a Service Pack to be installed as a pre-req.

I would recommend that you run a spyware check first to make sure that you
have not been compromised.

Pat

"Chefry" <dont.have.email@all> wrote in message

> I got a problem that started poping up a few weeks ago. Actually, it's not
> so much a
> problem as it is an annoyance. A couple of weeks ago I started getting the
> following popup
> error when I launch a program. It doesn't seem to affect anything though,
> because clicking
> OK gets rid of the box and the program then launches and operates without
> problems.
>
> "The procedure entry point RtlUnhandledExceptionFilter could not be
> located in the dynamic
> link library NTDLL.DLL"
>
> Any ideas, any way to fix this? I tried replacing ntdll.dll but it's one
> of the first
> things Win2000 Pro loads so it's always running

I run spyware checks all the time and everything is ok

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:29:54 -0700, "Pat [MSFT]" <patfilot@online.microsoft.com> wrote:

>NTDLL.dll is a low level system dll and is protected. It is highly unlikely
>that it is the root cause of the failure. What that error actually means is
>that a program tried to launch but it was looking for a version of NTDLL
>that is later than the one on the box. This could be caused by an
>application expecting/requiring a Service Pack to be installed as a pre-req.
>
>I would recommend that you run a spyware check first to make sure that you
>have not been compromised.
>

>Pat
>
>"Chefry" <dont.have.email@all> wrote in message
>>
>> I got a problem that started poping up a few weeks ago. Actually, it's not
>> so much a
>> problem as it is an annoyance. A couple of weeks ago I started getting the
>> following popup
>> error when I launch a program. It doesn't seem to affect anything though,
>> because clicking
>> OK gets rid of the box and the program then launches and operates without
>> problems.
>>
>> "The procedure entry point RtlUnhandledExceptionFilter could not be
>> located in the dynamic
>> link library NTDLL.DLL"
>>
>> Any ideas, any way to fix this? I tried replacing ntdll.dll but it's one
>> of the first
>> things Win2000 Pro loads so it's always running

Do you know which program is running to cause that?