Cheapest graphics card for css

Any suggestion for an adequate PCIEx16 gfx card for playing Counter Strike Source in 1280x1024? My cpu is AMD64 3700+ (939). Monitor has both VGA and DVI-D.

Thanks,
yackyack
13 answers Last reply
More about cheapest graphics card
  1. 1280 res?

    A sub $100 X800 PRO or X850 PRO should handle that prety easily. CSS isn't that hard to run.
  2. As Cleeve mentioned, you don't need much. ATi's cards will do better for CS, though, so you'll want to probably stick to them. the X800pro or X850pro sounds pretty good to me; I know a 9600XT can handle 640x480 with everything maxed and NEVER go below 60fps on its own fault. Those X-series pros should comfortably handle 1280x1024, even on the HDR map(s), I think.
  3. Thanks to both of you. Currently Im using my on-board 6150 (asus a8n-vm csm). At 1024x768 I am getting 18 fps which is too little
  4. Gosh, the Danish prices for the X800pro and X850pro are extremely high, 300-450 USD 8O New-egg and other US shops do not ship internationally :cry:

    Would an X1600pro keep me above 40-50 fps in 1280x1024 (CSS) ?
  5. Any of the GT's, GTO's and GTO2's would be my choice for a low budget.
  6. im sure a x1600pro is fine. if its the cheapest card u can find tho.
  7. Quote:
    Gosh, the Danish prices for the X800pro and X850pro are extremely high, 300-450 USD 8O New-egg and other US shops do not ship internationally :cry:

    Would an X1600pro keep me above 40-50 fps in 1280x1024 (CSS) ?


    Try a 7600gs or a 7600gt. They're both mid range cards with fantastic performance and reasonable price.
  8. Quote:
    Gosh, the Danish prices for the X800pro and X850pro are extremely high, 300-450 USD 8O New-egg and other US shops do not ship internationally :cry:

    Would an X1600pro keep me above 40-50 fps in 1280x1024 (CSS) ?


    Try a 7600gs or a 7600gt. They're both mid range cards with fantastic performance and reasonable price.

    I totally agree. If not the 7600GT the 7600GS.
  9. Quote:
    Any suggestion for an adequate PCIEx16 gfx card for playing Counter Strike Source in 1280x1024? My cpu is AMD64 3700+ (939). Monitor has both VGA and DVI-D.

    Thanks,
    yackyack


    CS:S graphics dont need much to run it. Anything is better than integrated graphics though. I'd hover around the x800/x850 area or 7600GS, 7600GT. If your really low on cash, then try the 9800pro, or the 6600GT, either one will pay CS:S and still show good enough Fps.
  10. Thanks to all replying to this tread. Will go for a 7600GT, have seen an Asus model with passive cooling which hopefully will meet my requirement for low noise.

    http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=2&l2=6&l3=271&model=1097&modelmenu=1
  11. Quote:
    Thanks to all replying to this tread. Will go for a 7600GT, have seen an Asus model with passive cooling which hopefully will meet my requirement for low noise.

    http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=2&l2=6&l3=271&model=1097&modelmenu=1


    Good Choice!
  12. Quote:
    Thanks to all replying to this tread. Will go for a 7600GT, have seen an Asus model with passive cooling which hopefully will meet my requirement for low noise.

    http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=2&l2=6&l3=271&model=1097&modelmenu=1


    Good Choice!

    Agreed, everyone is seeming to like those silent pipe cooler cards nowadays.
  13. Quote:
    Thanks to all replying to this tread. Will go for a 7600GT, have seen an Asus model with passive cooling which hopefully will meet my requirement for low noise.

    http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=2&l2=6&l3=271&model=1097&modelmenu=1


    Good Choice!

    Agreed, everyone is seeming to like those silent pipe cooler cards nowadays.

    They seem to be the way forward. Who want's a load of noisy fans in their pc while they're listening to some tunes/playing a game? Not me for one! I'm getting a liquid cooling setup soon as i'm fed up of all the noise that comes from my case.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards CSS Graphics