can't print envelope

I just bought an Epson (I know, I've seen the posts) CX6600 all in one
printer. I'm very happy with the print quality, etc., but I can't print an
envelope from MS Word (Win 95 or Win 97).

To clarify, when the print command is issued, the printer will print, but I
cannot change the orientation from portrait to landscape (as directed in the
documentation) no matter what settings I change. I've tried the Epson
settings where I set up the letter size and orientation. Also, I've tried
all of the settings under 'envelopes and labels', but nothing helps. The
default loading scheme from Word wants the envelope fed with the broad edge
in (contrary to the Epson documentation). The tray is not wide enough to
accept it in that orientation.

The software loaded without a hitch, so I don't think that's the problem.

Hoping someone out there can shed light on this problem. Thanks.

HankG

HankG wrote:

>I just bought an Epson (I know, I've seen the posts) CX6600 all in one
>printer. I'm very happy with the print quality, etc., but I can't print an
>envelope from MS Word (Win 95 or Win 97).

THERE NEVER WAS A WIN97

"measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

> HankG wrote:
>
> >I just bought an Epson (I know, I've seen the posts) CX6600 all in one
> >printer. I'm very happy with the print quality, etc., but I can't print
an
> >envelope from MS Word (Win 95 or Win 97).
> >

> THERE NEVER WAS A WIN97

Sorry, I was in a hurry. I meant to say "Microsoft Office Professional for
Windows 95" and '97". They both work without a hitch on my XP system. I
really don't see any reason to shell out hundreds for the latest version.

HankG

P.S., are you really measekite?

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

measekite wrote:

> HankG wrote:
>
>> I just bought an Epson (I know, I've seen the posts) CX6600 all in one
>> printer. I'm very happy with the print quality, etc., but I can't
>> print an
>> envelope from MS Word (Win 95 or Win 97).
>>

> THERE NEVER WAS A WIN97
>
>> To clarify, when the print command is issued, the printer will print,
>> but I
>> cannot change the orientation from portrait to landscape (as directed
>> in the
>> documentation) no matter what settings I change. I've tried the Epson
>> settings where I set up the letter size and orientation. Also, I've
>> tried
>> all of the settings under 'envelopes and labels', but nothing helps. The
>> default loading scheme from Word wants the envelope fed with the broad
>> edge
>> in (contrary to the Epson documentation). The tray is not wide enough to
>> accept it in that orientation.
>>
>> The software loaded without a hitch, so I don't think that's the problem.
>>
>> Hoping someone out there can shed light on this problem. Thanks.
>>
>> HankG

How do you know you stupid moron. We all know you can't count! :p
Frank

measekite wrote:

> Frank wrote:

Have either of you the decency to just stop stalking each other? In
other words, the kindness to the rest of us who come here to not reply
to one another's posts?

--
John McWilliams

fred

HankG wrote:
> "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message
>

>>HankG wrote:
>>

>>>I just bought an Epson (I know, I've seen the posts) CX6600 all in one
>>>printer. I'm very happy with the print quality, etc., but I can't print
>
> an
>
>>>envelope from MS Word (Win 95 or Win 97).
>>>

>>THERE NEVER WAS A WIN97
>

> Sorry, I was in a hurry. I meant to say "Microsoft Office Professional for
> Windows 95" and '97". They both work without a hitch on my XP system. I
> really don't see any reason to shell out hundreds for the latest version.
>
> HankG

That was called MS Office 97 (and Office 95) which coincided with
Windows 95 Windows 98

"HankG" <hank@invalid.com> wrote in message
>I just bought an Epson (I know, I've seen the posts) CX6600 all in one
> printer. I'm very happy with the print quality, etc., but I can't print
> an
> envelope from MS Word (Win 95 or Win 97).
>
> To clarify, when the print command is issued, the printer will print, but
> cannot change the orientation from portrait to landscape (as directed in
> the
> documentation) no matter what settings I change. I've tried the Epson
> settings where I set up the letter size and orientation. Also, I've tried
> all of the settings under 'envelopes and labels', but nothing helps. The
> default loading scheme from Word wants the envelope fed with the broad
> edge
> in (contrary to the Epson documentation). The tray is not wide enough to
> accept it in that orientation.
>
> The software loaded without a hitch, so I don't think that's the problem.
>
> Hoping someone out there can shed light on this problem. Thanks.
>
> HankG

I think I know the problem your refering to since I remember having a
similiar problem (only with a C82). When you say that you set up the size
and orientation in the Epson setting I assume you meant under the main
settings? Now if there is a tab called paper layout click on it. Check the
box that says reduce/enlarge document and click by output paper size. Click
on the drop down menu and select whatever size envelope your using. This is
what solved the problem for me. Click OK and try printing your envs again.
Hope this helps.

Well, maybe I can put an end to this thread (since I started it).

After much frustration and much google searching, I finally came across a
blurb stating that Word and epson do not see 'eye to eye' with regard to
printing envelopes. With that being said, I reinstalled (basic
installation) Open Office, which I had been playing around with, some time
back.

Long story short: I can easily print an envelope without any hassle
whatsoever. I have no problem with HD space (250GB), takes about the same
time to do as in Word, and my need to print envelopes now is minimal, since
my job hunting days are over. I guess I should try printing some labels.

Small price to pay to great print quality.

HankG

"ftran999" <ftran999@comcast.net> wrote in message

> "HankG" <hank@invalid.com> wrote in message
> >I just bought an Epson (I know, I've seen the posts) CX6600 all in one
> > printer. I'm very happy with the print quality, etc., but I can't print
> > an
> > envelope from MS Word (Win 95 or Win 97).
> >
> > To clarify, when the print command is issued, the printer will print,
but
> > cannot change the orientation from portrait to landscape (as directed in
> > the
> > documentation) no matter what settings I change. I've tried the Epson
> > settings where I set up the letter size and orientation. Also, I've
tried
> > all of the settings under 'envelopes and labels', but nothing helps.
The
> > default loading scheme from Word wants the envelope fed with the broad
> > edge
> > in (contrary to the Epson documentation). The tray is not wide enough
> > accept it in that orientation.
> >
> > The software loaded without a hitch, so I don't think that's the
problem.

> > Hoping someone out there can shed light on this problem. Thanks.
> >
> > HankG
> >

> I think I know the problem your refering to since I remember having a
> similiar problem (only with a C82). When you say that you set up the
size
> and orientation in the Epson setting I assume you meant under the main
> settings? Now if there is a tab called paper layout click on it. Check
the
> box that says reduce/enlarge document and click by output paper size.
Click
> on the drop down menu and select whatever size envelope your using. This
is
> what solved the problem for me. Click OK and try printing your envs
again.
> Hope this helps.

Alan

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:28:25 +1000, Fred <mesa@mine.com> wrote:

>HankG wrote:
>> "measekite" <inkystinky@oem.com> wrote in message

>>>THERE NEVER WAS A WIN97
>>

>> Sorry, I was in a hurry. I meant to say "Microsoft Office Professional for
>> Windows 95" and '97". They both work without a hitch on my XP system. I
>> really don't see any reason to shell out hundreds for the latest version.
>>
>> HankG
>>

>That was called MS Office 97 (and Office 95) which coincided with
>Windows 95 Windows 98

Win 95 OSR2 was sometimes referred to as Win97.