Has anyone actually finished Morrowind?

Last response: in Video Games
July 3, 2005 12:02:55 AM

I've been playing this game for over 3 years now and I still haven't
completed it.

Paul

More about : finished morrowind

Anonymous
July 3, 2005 3:20:38 AM

On 2 Jul 2005 20:02:55 -0700, dunric@yahoo.com wrote:

>I've been playing this game for over 3 years now and I still haven't
>completed it.

I have completed the Main Quest twice, but I haven't come anywhere
near doing all the available quests, and that's not even counting the
official expansions, never mind other mods.
--
Nyctolops
Anonymous

dunric@yahoo.com wrote:

> I've been playing this game for over 3 years now and I still haven't
> completed it.

Finished sure, completed no.

I once started an attempt to browse the whole world
in wireframe mode to find all dungeons, but most of them
just aren't rewarding, loot-wise.

BTW. Does someone know a world map with ALL dungeons marked?
July 3, 2005 3:58:46 PM

dunric@yahoo.com wrote:
> I've been playing this game for over 3 years now and I still haven't
> completed it.

Sure! I've finished the Main Quest and the Tribunal and Bloodmoon main
quests with 4 different characters. ;-)
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 5:02:49 PM

Andreas Koch wrote:

> I once started an attempt to browse the whole world
> in wireframe mode to find all dungeons, but most of them
> just aren't rewarding, loot-wise.

How is wireframe mode enabled? Is it a console command or do you have to
tweak your display driver?
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 5:02:50 PM

Guido Hörster <Guido_Hoerster@t-online.de> wrote in
news:D a8gk9$fe7$04$1@news.t-online.com:

> Andreas Koch wrote:
>>
>> I once started an attempt to browse the whole world
>> in wireframe mode to find all dungeons, but most of them
>> just aren't rewarding, loot-wise.
>>
> How is wireframe mode enabled? Is it a console command or
> do you have to tweak your display driver?

It's console command ToggleWireframe

http://www.uesp.net/morrow/cheats/morcheat.shtml

Has a load more
Anonymous
July 3, 2005 5:43:53 PM

Lithurge wrote:

> It's console command ToggleWireframe

Thanks for the answer - the view is quite bizarre
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 5:20:14 PM

On 2 Jul 2005 20:02:55 -0700, dunric@yahoo.com wrote:

>I've been playing this game for over 3 years now and I still haven't
>completed it.
>
>Paul

I have never finished the game, although I think I have started it
more than twenty different times and almost finished it twice. In
looking back my biggest mistake was that I'd get bored with a
character and decide to try something different. I did this so many
times that the early part of the game has become unbearable to
me....after doing the "pick the flowers, kill the rats" quests so many
times.

I'm not going to make this mistake in Oblivion! I'll let myself try
out a maximum of three different characters and that's it.

BTW, I just read that it has now been pushed back to 2006 in Computer
Games magazine, but it says late 2005 everywhere else. Does anyone
know for sure?

Alexa
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 9:52:26 PM

In article <1120359775.543336.271030@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
dunric@yahoo.com says...
> I've been playing this game for over 3 years now and I still haven't
> completed it.
>
> Paul

I've completed the game twice. The Morrowind main quest twice, the
Tribunal main quest twice and the Bloodmoon main quest once. I hated
the Bloodmoon story line quest and decided to pass on it in my last
game. At the moment I'm hunting for mods and trying to decide what
class my character will be for my next game.

That's not to say I've done everything in the game. Far from it. There
are factions I've yet to my PC join and there are more than a few
shrines, caves and tombs that remain unexplored.

--
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
-Mark Twain

alexa wrote:

> I have never finished the game, although I think I have started it
> more than twenty different times and almost finished it twice. In
> looking back my biggest mistake was that I'd get bored with a
> character and decide to try something different. I did this so many
> times that the early part of the game has become unbearable to
> me....after doing the "pick the flowers, kill the rats" quests so many
> times.

You can skip most of the early parts if you know where to get
the stuff you need. To be exact, you can even skip the normal
main quest and replace it with a minimal alternative quest :-)
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 9:21:12 AM

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 13:20:14 -0500, alexa <xandbar@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>I have never finished the game, although I think I have started it
>more than twenty different times and almost finished it twice. In
>looking back my biggest mistake was that I'd get bored with a
>character and decide to try something different. I did this so many
>times that the early part of the game has become unbearable to
>me....after doing the "pick the flowers, kill the rats" quests so many
>times.

The trick is to do the same things as many ways as possible - I'll use
sword, or fireball or ice storm or shock but never the same thing
twice.

Or I just get bloodthirsty and kill everything in sight.

Or ratchet up difficulty to the max - dealing with those cliff racers
when you're going to get the puzzle box is a TOUGH challenge...at
least on max difficulty it is...
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 5:38:50 PM

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 22:16:21 +0200, Andreas Koch
<mail@kochandreas.com> wrote:

>You can skip most of the early parts if you know where to get
>the stuff you need. To be exact, you can even skip the normal
>main quest and replace it with a minimal alternative quest :-)

I've tried that too, lol. My first stop in leaving Seyda Neen is up
the hill to get the falling guy's robe and sword, hit the cave to get
the mentor's ring and pick all the flowers and mushrooms before I hop
on the silt strider to Balmora. I've probably done this at least
seven times now!

I'm going to start one more time and install a few of the larger
plugins. I thought I'd alternate some of the guild & main quests with
the mod quests so I don't get so bored.

alexa
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 2:29:07 AM

alexa wrote:

>>You can skip most of the early parts if you know where to get
>>the stuff you need. To be exact, you can even skip the normal
>>main quest and replace it with a minimal alternative quest :-)
>
> I've tried that too, lol. My first stop in leaving Seyda Neen is up
> the hill to get the falling guy's robe and sword, hit the cave to get
> the mentor's ring and pick all the flowers and mushrooms before I hop
> on the silt strider to Balmora.

You could go straight to Balmora, loot stuff from chests until you
can afford something enchanted with 3s levitation, go to that
deadric ruin in the NW of the continent, get the deadric bow,
go to the east end of the continent to get the azuras star
quest, go to that island and kill of all the high level nasties
(don't forget to bring a lot of arrows), then use the star for
creating some nice item.

You could use the intelligence potion/item scum ...
But in the most situations, a good bow is all you'll ever need :-)
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 8:35:36 AM

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 13:43:46 -0500, alexa <xandbar@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>>Or ratchet up difficulty to the max - dealing with those cliff racers
>>when you're going to get the puzzle box is a TOUGH challenge...at
>>least on max difficulty it is...
>
>I'm just starting a new game so I'll try to do this. I really prefer
>swords but I'm going to use spears this time and join Redoran, which
>I've actually never done before. Never tried upping the difficulty
>slider....I'll try that for a bit and see how it works.

Well as a for instance it took me six different attempts to even GET
to the dungeon where you get the puzzle box between the sorceror that
summons skeletons and the cliff racers.

Actually with the difficulty slider to the max that's about the ONLY
way I play the game these days with the single exception being the
Bloodmoon endgame dungeon which is next-to-impossible to get through
the werewolves at max. (I have however killed the "big bad" at maximum
difficulty with far less difficulty than the werewolves)
July 14, 2005 5:15:17 AM

with one char, i've finished the main quest, all the fighters guild quests,
theives guild quests, mages guild quests, the great house hlaalu and the
temple quests. but thats as much as u can do in the game besides doing
random quests for people, o and quests that gentleman jim stacy gives u when
ur wearing the purple gloves or w/e
<dunric@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I've been playing this game for over 3 years now and I still haven't
> completed it.
>
> Paul

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 11:43:24 AM

dunric@yahoo.com wrote:
> I've been playing this game for over 3 years now and I still haven't
> completed it.

Because you can't complete it.

!