Cant save pics in any other format than bitmap

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

Until just recently I could save pics I downloaded from the web in jpg
format, now the only option Im given is bitmap format. Ive recently
installed SP2 but this problem has only just occurred. Is there a fix for
this. Ive heard there is a jpeg patch on the windows update site but its not
on my list of available updates. Any help appreciated

"Roy" <royjj@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> Until just recently I could save pics I downloaded from the web in jpg
> format, now the only option Im given is bitmap format. Ive recently
> installed SP2 but this problem has only just occurred. Is there a fix
> for this. Ive heard there is a jpeg patch on the windows update site
> but its not on my list of available updates. Any help appreciated

That happens when the Temporary Internet Files are too full. In IE click
Tools | Internet Options. Click Delete Files in the Temporary Internet
files section of the General tab. On the next window place a check mark in
the box to Delete all offline content.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Hi

Try clearing out the Temporary Internet Files folder. Open Internet
Explorer and go to Tools>Internet Options and click on 'Delete Files...'.
Try saving the files after that.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Roy" <royjj@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> Until just recently I could save pics I downloaded from the web in jpg
> format, now the only option Im given is bitmap format. Ive recently
> installed SP2 but this problem has only just occurred. Is there a fix for
> this. Ive heard there is a jpeg patch on the windows update site but its
> not on my list of available updates. Any help appreciated

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

Thanks Fellas that did the trick
"Roy" <royjj@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> Until just recently I could save pics I downloaded from the web in jpg
> format, now the only option Im given is bitmap format. Ive recently
> installed SP2 but this problem has only just occurred. Is there a fix for
> this. Ive heard there is a jpeg patch on the windows update site but its
> not on my list of available updates. Any help appreciated

You're welcome. Glad your problem is sorted.

--

> Thanks Fellas that did the trick
> "Roy" <royjj@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
>> Until just recently I could save pics I downloaded from the web in jpg
>> format, now the only option Im given is bitmap format. Ive recently
>> installed SP2 but this problem has only just occurred. Is there a fix for
>> this. Ive heard there is a jpeg patch on the windows update site but its
>> not on my list of available updates. Any help appreciated

> You're welcome. Glad your problem is sorted.

As many times as I see that problem go by here, I'm surprised that Microsoft
didn't address it in the recent IE refresh.

Bill -- (Remove KILLSPAM from my address to use it)