file replication

Robert

I have 30 machines that need to be replicated to. I have
a folder with many sub folders and files in it on my
server. I have the same directory on certain clients. I
need to replicate a file or directory (when updated) from
this directory to each client I have selected. This is
done easily with NT use directory replicator but 2000 has
done away with DRS. It looks like the second hand
software will do it but would rather have it done by
windows.

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:24:57 -0700, "robert"

>I have 30 machines that need to be replicated to. I have
>a folder with many sub folders and files in it on my
>server. I have the same directory on certain clients. I
>need to replicate a file or directory (when updated) from
>this directory to each client I have selected. This is
>done easily with NT use directory replicator but 2000 has
>done away with DRS. It looks like the second hand
>software will do it but would rather have it done by
>windows.

Use robocopy with the mirror option.
Download this freeware from tip 6705 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at
http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.