Landscape View

January 9, 2005 11:52:48 AM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I can view my screen in Landscape mode. I looked in
an earlier thread at Rotate SE but it didn't work so I must NOT have WINDOWS
MOBILE 2003 SECOND EDITION, I didn't know how to tell.

Thanks

More about : landscape view

Anonymous
January 9, 2005 11:52:49 AM

K,

Go to Start>Settings>System>About and it will tell you what version of
Pocket PC you are running. what make and model of unit you have as well?

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor

"K" <admin@giftsabroad.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me how I can view my screen in Landscape mode. I looked
> in
> an earlier thread at Rotate SE but it didn't work so I must NOT have
> WINDOWS
> MOBILE 2003 SECOND EDITION, I didn't know how to tell.
>
> Thanks

January 9, 2005 11:49:18 PM

Hi Clinton,

It says Microsoft Pocket PC Version 4.20.1081 (Build 13100) (c) 1996-2003
Microsoft Corp. I did go here but I couldn't figure it out from this info!

It's an O2 XDA II device.

"Clinton Fitch (Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!)"
<management@NOTHANKIEclintonfitch.com> wrote in message
> K,
>
> Go to Start>Settings>System>About and it will tell you what version of
> Pocket PC you are running. what make and model of unit you have as well?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Clinton Fitch
> Senior Editor
> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
> http://www.clintonfitch.com
>
> A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!
>

> "K" <admin@giftsabroad.com.au> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can anyone tell me how I can view my screen in Landscape mode. I looked
> > in
> > an earlier thread at Rotate SE but it didn't work so I must NOT have
> > WINDOWS
> > MOBILE 2003 SECOND EDITION, I didn't know how to tell.
> >
> > Thanks

January 9, 2005 11:49:19 PM

K,

You are running Windows Mobile 2003.

As far as an upgrade for your device to WM2003SE, you will need to check on
the O2 website. Hopefully they offer an upgrade but don't be too
disappointed if they don't; most OEMs don't.

Regards,

--

> Hi Clinton,
>
> It says Microsoft Pocket PC Version 4.20.1081 (Build 13100) (c) 1996-2003
> Microsoft Corp. I did go here but I couldn't figure it out from this
> info!
>
> It's an O2 XDA II device.

> "Clinton Fitch (Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!)"
> <management@NOTHANKIEclintonfitch.com> wrote in message
>> K,
>>
>> Go to Start>Settings>System>About and it will tell you what version of
>> Pocket PC you are running. what make and model of unit you have as well?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Clinton Fitch
>> Senior Editor
>> Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
>> http://www.clintonfitch.com
>>
>> A Pocket PC Magazine "Best Site" for Pocket PC Reviews!
>>

>> "K" <admin@giftsabroad.com.au> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Can anyone tell me how I can view my screen in Landscape mode. I
>> > looked
>> > in
>> > an earlier thread at Rotate SE but it didn't work so I must NOT have
>> > WINDOWS
>> > MOBILE 2003 SECOND EDITION, I didn't know how to tell.
>> >
>> > Thanks

January 9, 2005 11:49:20 PM

<management@NOTHANKIEclintonfitch.com> of Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com! wrote:

>K,
>
>You are running Windows Mobile 2003.
>
>As far as an upgrade for your device to WM2003SE, you will need to check on
>the O2 website. Hopefully they offer an upgrade but don't be too
>disappointed if they don't; most OEMs don't.

O2 don't, and have said they aren't going to.
--
Maintenance-free: When it breaks, it can't be fixed...
Steph Peters delete invalid from incm@sandbenders.demon.co.uk.invalid

Steph Peters wrote:

> O2 don't, and have said they aren't going to.

XDA-Developers posted an XDAII comaptible WM2003SE upgrade. I've used it on
mine with great success :)

--
Darren Griffin
PocketGPSWorld - www.pocketgpsworld.com

Thanks guys - so does anyone know a good rotate 3rd party app?

Ta

"Steph Peters" <xda@sandbenders.demon.co.uk.delete.invalid> wrote in message
> "Clinton Fitch \(Clinton Fitch \(Dot\) Com!\)"
> <management@NOTHANKIEclintonfitch.com> of Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com! wrote:
>
> >K,
> >
> >You are running Windows Mobile 2003.
> >
> >As far as an upgrade for your device to WM2003SE, you will need to check
on
> >the O2 website. Hopefully they offer an upgrade but don't be too
> >disappointed if they don't; most OEMs don't.
>
> O2 don't, and have said they aren't going to.
> --
> Maintenance-free: When it breaks, it can't be fixed...
> Steph Peters delete invalid from incm@sandbenders.demon.co.uk.invalid
> Tatting, lace & stitching page
<http://www.sandbenders.demon.co.uk/index.htm&gt;
January 10, 2005 9:40:20 PM

Reply to message from "K" <admin@giftsabroad.com.au> (Mon, 10 Jan 2005
02:22:21) about "Re: Landscape View":

K> "Steph Peters" <xda@sandbenders. demon.co.uk.delete.invalid> wrote
K> in message news:
K> l853u0517fqdsnh61rebr3ibf53cgnbc5t@
K> 4ax.com...
>> "Clinton Fitch \(Clinton Fitch \(Dot\) Com!\)"
>> <management@NOTHANKIEclintonfitch .com> of Clinton Fitch (Dot) Com!
>> wrote:

>>> K,

>>> You are running Windows Mobile
>>> 2003.

>>> As far as an upgrade for your device to WM2003SE, you will need to
>>> check
K> on
>>> the O2 website. Hopefully they offer an upgrade but don't be too
>>> disappointed if they don't; most OEMs don't.

>> O2 don't, and have said they aren't going to.
>> --
>> Maintenance-free: When it breaks, it can't be fixed...
>> Steph Peters delete invalid from incm@sandbenders.demon.co.uk.
>> invalid Tatting, lace & stitching page
K> <http://www.sandbenders.demon.co. uk/index.htm>

K> Thanks guys - so does anyone know a good rotate 3rd party app?

K> Ta

I got Nyditot virtual display with my PPC that rotates the screen on
WM2003. It works, but be aware that some complications might occur, such
as your theme backgrounds not fitting properly anymore or that you are
not able to enter your startup password cause the keypad won't fit
properly.

Bye
Marcel <no@spam.please> Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:08:28 +0200

January 11, 2005 4:31:45 PM

Thanks Darren - where is this available?

"Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld" <darren@pocketgpsworld.com> wrote in
message news:#ApxaSu9EHA.3120@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...

!