No HD seen in "My Computer"

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.applications,microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

What could cause a HD to NOT be seen in "My Computer" although it shows up
in Device Mgr under disk drives? This is occuring in Win2000 after
attempting to clone the partitions in NTFS using Acronis. TIA

"123" <ohsure@laff.ca> wrote in message
> What could cause a HD to NOT be seen in "My Computer" although it shows up
> in Device Mgr under disk drives? This is occuring in Win2000 after
> attempting to clone the partitions in NTFS using Acronis. TIA

Can the HD be seen in Computer management>Disk Management? Sounds to me like
it isn't formatted and/or isn't healthy an/or isn't online.

steve.

When the drives show up in Device Manger are they showing as free space, or
a healthy status with drive letters assigned? Are they basic or dynamic
disks? What service pack level is the OS running at?

Best regards,
Blane Clark

You assume all risk for your use.
(C) 2003 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved