Looking for a small, sleak PC Case

nunchucksme

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
I am researching for a new build, and was looking for a case. I want a small (smallest that still fits full size ATX), sleak looking case with lots of cooling and no windows or lights.

I plan on eventually building with these specs or something similar (I do alot of gaming).

Conroe 6600 (OCed eventually)
2X Corsair 1 gig memory
ATI 1800XT (until DX10)
ASUS P5 deluxe
Seagate 7200.10 250gb
Some decent power supply

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

quantumsheep

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
I am researching for a new build, and was looking for a case. I want a small (smallest that still fits full size ATX), sleak looking case with lots of cooling and no windows or lights.

I plan on eventually building with these specs or something similar (I do alot of gaming).

Conroe 6600 (OCed eventually)
2X Corsair 1 gig memory
ATI 1800XT (until DX10)
ASUS P5 deluxe
Seagate 7200.10 250gb
Some decent power supply

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Try one of those mini barebones cases. They're usually quite loud, but are very small and sometimes quite sexy.

nunchucksme

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
Anything under 200 would be nice, however if the case is too hard to resist I would spend more.

To the second poster, can you send me any links to specific ones?

quantumsheep

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
Anything under 200 would be nice, however if the case is too hard to resist I would spend more.

To the second poster, can you send me any links to specific ones?

I mean little things like this:

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/95820/rb/21394844200

They include motherboards, which is a bonus if you're building a new pc. But if (like yourself i suspect) you already have all your components it would be a waste of £100 or so.

nunchucksme

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
Now that is a good looking case and a good size, I am just curious if you think there will be enough room for a non stock cpu cooler in there, and maybe crossfire setup eventually?

yourmothersanastronaut

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
I second the Lian Li idea.

Although, you might have trouble fitting a Crossfire setup with two dual-slot coolers in there, considering the size of the cards and the coolers. If not because of the coolers, then the length of the cards. And to power a DX10 X-fire setup, you'll want a super-beefy power supply, probably one that is bigger than that case can comfortably hold, like a PCP & P. Those are longer than usual.

I was worried that my X1900XT wouldn't fit in my Lian Li PC-60 Plus II, but it fit with an inch to spare. A card the size of that will probably be a much tighter fit in that case, let alone two of them.

You may want to consider your priorities. Which do you want more, Crossfire or a smaller case size?

Natecannon

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
The Falcon Northwest Frag Box has a bare bones option... that case is gorgeous. It's 299 though :(
It

Lovin' the case

From the Falcon Site
FragBox is the only SFF case on the market that can handle a standard ATX power supply (of any Wattage), 2 hard drive bays, and a standard micro-ATX motherboard. There is nothing else quite like it: from its unique airflow design and aesthetics to its scaled down full tower features, this case is perfect for Do-It-Yourself PC builders who are looking for more than standard SFF designs can provide

quantumsheep

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
The Falcon Northwest Frag Box has a bare bones option... that case is gorgeous. It's 299 though :(
It

Lovin' the case

From the Falcon Site
FragBox is the only SFF case on the market that can handle a standard ATX power supply (of any Wattage), 2 hard drive bays, and a standard micro-ATX motherboard. There is nothing else quite like it: from its unique airflow design and aesthetics to its scaled down full tower features, this case is perfect for Do-It-Yourself PC builders who are looking for more than standard SFF designs can provide

Now THAT is a nice case. I want one.

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I have a super lan boy case. I love it and it is less than 100 bucks. It does have a window but it is not too flashy. All aluminum case and comes with a carrying strap so it is not that heavy. Check it out! I got my at compusa and after the rebate it was only 40 bucks. Has excellent cooling two 120mm fans and that is all the cooling that I need! My cpu only runs at less than 100 degrees F all day! IT is very quiet too. My wifes computer has those small 80mm fans and they are so noisy it gives me a head ache. It is a mid size case but will take a full size atx board.

BTW it is made by Antec and does not come with a power supply.

caamsa

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Once you have every thing in the Lan Boy case it is solid. The front door is plastic mine does not squeak but a little lubricant can solve that problem. Probably you looked at the display model that has been sitting in the store for a year or so and every Tom, Dick and Harry have been playing around with it so it has taken some abuse. Lian Li has good cases but they are expensive. Go online and read some of the reviews of the Super Lan Boy case I think you will see that over all it is an exceptional case. With rebate it cost me 40 bucks you can hardly get a cheap case for that much.