Can't re-load saves.

I wonder if anyone can help with a problem I have? I can load all my save
games at start up but when I try to re-load in game, I CTD. The game goes
through the clearing data process then CTD's as it attempts to load the save
game. I have tried making fresh saves but they are the same. I have
installed no mods lately. Hoping to avoid a re-install, all those
mods...argh!

Don't know what the problem is. But you might try running TesToolKit
or some other program that combines the items, dialogues, etc from
mods--thereby getting rid of some of the incompatibility problems.

MERLIN

"Angof" <Mailfalger1@yahoo.co.uk(no need for Mail)>
skrev i en meddelelse
>I wonder if anyone can help with a problem I have? I
>can load all my save
> games at start up but when I try to re-load in game,
> I CTD. The game goes
> through the clearing data process then CTD's as it
> attempts to load the save
> game. I have tried making fresh saves but they are
> the same. I have
> installed no mods lately. Hoping to avoid a
> re-install, all those
> mods...argh!

The savegame is closely knitted to the mods and
dependencies that
it was born with. The first thing to do, as soon as you
have loaded
the savegame is to save it before you do anything else.
A lot of the
incompabilities will be cleaned out then. A list-maker
program will
only work if there is some program that contains list,
which not
every plugin does

merlin

Merlin wrote:
> "Angof" <Mailfalger1@yahoo.co.uk(no need for Mail)>
> skrev i en meddelelse
>> I wonder if anyone can help with a problem I have? I
>> can load all my save
>> games at start up but when I try to re-load in game,
>> I CTD. The game goes
>> through the clearing data process then CTD's as it
>> attempts to load the save
>> game. I have tried making fresh saves but they are
>> the same. I have
>> installed no mods lately. Hoping to avoid a
>> re-install, all those
>> mods...argh!
>>

> The savegame is closely knitted to the mods and
> dependencies that
> it was born with. The first thing to do, as soon as you
> have loaded
> the savegame is to save it before you do anything else.
> A lot of the
> incompabilities will be cleaned out then. A list-maker
> program will
> only work if there is some program that contains list,
> which not
> every plugin does
>
> merlin

Thanks but I have tried that. If I save and then try and re-load, the game
CTD. I can then load that game when I re-start MW but cannot re-load again.
This applies to all my saves going back a long way but I have installed or
removed no mods for ages.

Angof wrote:
> Merlin wrote:
>> "Angof" <Mailfalger1@yahoo.co.uk(no need for Mail)>
>> skrev i en meddelelse
>>> I wonder if anyone can help with a problem I have? I
>>> can load all my save
>>> games at start up but when I try to re-load in game,
>>> I CTD. The game goes
>>> through the clearing data process then CTD's as it
>>> attempts to load the save
>>> game. I have tried making fresh saves but they are
>>> the same. I have
>>> installed no mods lately. Hoping to avoid a
>>> re-install, all those
>>> mods...argh!
>>>

>> The savegame is closely knitted to the mods and
>> dependencies that
>> it was born with. The first thing to do, as soon as you
>> have loaded
>> the savegame is to save it before you do anything else.
>> A lot of the
>> incompabilities will be cleaned out then. A list-maker
>> program will
>> only work if there is some program that contains list,
>> which not
>> every plugin does
>>
>> merlin
>
> Thanks but I have tried that. If I save and then try and re-load, the
> game CTD. I can then load that game when I re-start MW but cannot
> re-load again. This applies to all my saves going back a long way but
> I have installed or removed no mods for ages.

Thought I'd post an update incase anyone else has a similar problem. I
managed to cure it by disabling all mods, starting the game, then saving. I
then re-instated my mods and everything is hunky dory again.