im soo lost please help!!

dasudevil

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
I honestly have no clue what i am doing and what to do. :!:

I have an stock emachine T6410 and my temp is running at 48-52c when booting. I have no clue how to get it at load sorry.

here is a copy of my system specs:

Processor brand AMD
Processor type Athlon™ 64
Processor speed 2.2GHz 754 Socket
Frontside bus speed ???
Level 2 cache 512KB
Memory 1.5gb corsair
Hard drive size 160GB
and 40BG
Video card RX700 ABIT

This is my mobo: http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=RS482M-IL&class=mb

Ports
FireWire 1
Parallel port 1
Internet/networking
Network Interface Card (NIC) Yes
Modem 56K ITU V.92 ready fax/modem

I have purchased these to help:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835103424

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=ULT30982

and
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=ULT31458

My question is what can i do to lower my temp? Will these help and if not what do you recomend? IM SOO LOST and CONFUSED

Thank you for your advise
Sparks

warstrider

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
Before purchasing all this sh*t, i suggest giving the inside of ur machine a good cleaning, suck out all the dust and grime from ur fans, heatsinks etc, to see if that solves ur problem.

BustedSony

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
What's the problem exactly? Not heat at least. The CPU runs flat out at its hottest at booting, there is no power-saving mode until the OS loads. My Prescott runs 55 to 58 when booting then drops to 40 at idle and a max of 55 under heavy use during gaming. You don't have an issue. You'll find your AMD is no more than 45 or so max under use.

dasudevil

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
What's the problem exactly? Not heat at least. The CPU runs flat out at its hottest at booting, there is no power-saving mode until the OS loads. My Prescott runs 55 to 58 when booting then drops to 40 at idle and a max of 55 under heavy use during gaming. You don't have an issue. You'll find your AMD is no more than 45 or so max under use.

Ok i did not know that. is there something out there that i can download to test the temp when its normally running?

Other than that you think its fine and im just worrying about nothing?

dasudevil

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
thank you. I feel much better. Starting to think i did not have a good machine. Thanks for your help appreciate it :D

bob8701

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
1. download a program call speed fan, it will dispaly the cpu, system, hard drive even video card temp, you need to run config to set up.
2.when computer loading bias, the cpu use all the cach and so on, so cpu temp is high and it will drop once windows is load up, you can use task manager to check cpu usage, it show close to 0 on idles, and 100% on load. so 48 to 52 degree c is about normal.
3,the cpu heatsink needs cool air to transfor the cpu heat, so add intake fan is good idea, you also want to remove the heated air out case asap.

dasudevil

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
ok will download this tonight. I just got back from vacation and got an idea that if i were to wire the new hsf to run at max all the time it should be cooler. Well so far so good. Down to 35 at cold boot and 45 running after an hour or so. NOt only that i made a VGA cooelr too. seams to be doing well. I really dont know becasue its hard to test the heat in there when pc is going. NOW I CAN. thank you. ( ill post some updates tonight)

Also My case is fairly small would getting a Full ATX case help? it seamed a bit cramed in there. Any sugestions on a case. Im on a budget (hence i made a vga cooler out of plexy glass)

Thans again
Sparks

dasudevil

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
ok downloaded the product. nice feature. THank you

I really have no clue what it says and whats what so i have a link to the website.

http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=temppi9.jpg

I have noticed recently that when i open my HD it really sucks up the memory. Jumps right up to 100% usage and fast. takes about 2 minutes to catch up.

Also the core jumps all over the place. 37-50 in a matter of seconds. Since i have been writing this its at 36 which is awsome.

Is there anything i can do or is it also normal? I notice from my work pc the My Doc's do not lagg to load. Is something wrong? could it be my tiny case? My HD going out? Im soo lost when it comes to this. O BTW i defrag daily.

Im pulling the rest of my 3 hairs out.

Thanks for your time,
Sparks

dasudevil

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
Starting to think i did not have a good machine. Thanks for your help appreciate it :D

it was an E-Machine that you have right...hehe....snickers.

I couldnt help but laugh at that.

whats wrong with the Emachine. Once you remove all the BS that it comes with its still a normal machine. Besides cant beat the deal. Only 400 bucks at the time. Last year. :D

bob8701

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
temp 1 : motherboard sensor temp
temp 2: cpu temp.
hd0: hard drive temp.
if you want to see the loading temp, download super pie or prime 95. you can see cpu usage to 100% when program is running. give good twenty minutes, if everything is stable and cpu temp is still below 60, then you have nothing to worry about.
for the detail of temp setting, run config, it list the sensor name and type, go to speedfan website, it explain the whole deal,
your hd seems fine, you can go to SMART, it test your hard drive.
hope this will help you