Group Policy - File System

Sorry for the basic question here but if you update your file system security with Group Policy are the changes applied every time? Basically, if I modify the LGPO to place NTFS restrictions on the file system, I don't want the system to have to do this every time someone logs on which would it seems would slow the process down tremendously. However, applying the templates in the MS Security Guide would be a big help even if it was only a starting point. Thanks.

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:19:02 -0700, JSB <JSB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Sorry for the basic question here but if you update your file system security with Group Policy are the changes applied every time? Basically, if I modify the LGPO to place NTFS restrictions on the file system, I don't want the system to have to do this every time someone logs on which would it seems would slow the process down tremendously. However, applying the templates in the MS Security Guide would be a big help even if it was only a starting point. Thanks.

It only happens once or when the policy changes.

Jerold Schulman
Windows: General MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com