Where are the kids?

have you ever noticed Morrrowind has no children. Theirs alot of people
around but no kids.

Some time between the hours of March 10th and Friday, "Chris B"
<chrisbengivengo@comcast.net> committed the following:

> have you ever noticed Morrrowind has no children. Theirs alot of people
> around but no kids.

http://beta.thelys.org/mods/MW_Children_1_0.rar

You want kiddies? There you go.
--
Rev. Cardboard Box, slightly tilted, half melted
www.livejournal.com/users/revcardboardbox

Gamers being gamers, they would eventually try to kill everything in
sight. I don't think the developers wanted to get a M rating because
you could smack a 6 year old with a Daedric Katana.

In the White Wolf of Lokken, there are children. It is a nice addition. I
hope they have kids in Oblivion.
"Chris B" <chrisbengivengo@comcast.net> wrote in message
> have you ever noticed Morrrowind has no children. Theirs alot of people
> around but no kids.

You can kill children in The Sims 2... don't think it has an M rating.

"mathilda" <smart_aleck72@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1120568412.481012.312760
@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Gamers being gamers, they would eventually try to kill everything in
> sight. I don't think the developers wanted to get a M rating because
> you could smack a 6 year old with a Daedric Katana.

But killing adults is of course perfectly socially and morally
acceptable...

In article <8BtDe.443875$ub.161420@fe07.news.easynews.com>,
Seymour C. Moore <notv@l.id> wrote:
>"mathilda" <smart_aleck72@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1120568412.481012.312760
>@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
>
>> Gamers being gamers, they would eventually try to kill everything in
>> sight. I don't think the developers wanted to get a M rating because
>> you could smack a 6 year old with a Daedric Katana.
>
>But killing adults is of course perfectly socially and morally
>acceptable...

I read the ReadMe file in the 'Children of Morrowind' plug-in, and
apparently the mod actually addresses the point. Vvardenfell is apparently
so dangerous that all children wear amulets enchanted with the recall
spell. If a child is attacked, he or she teleports away immediately, and
guards from a half-mile around come to kill you (or charge you an
exorbitant fine.)

Well, that addresses the first point and not so much the second. But even
in the most peaceful of societies, there are laws on the books that make
acts performed in self-defense perfectly legal. It's just like the old
westerns; your hat stays white as long as you didn't shoot first.

-KKC, wonders if there's a 'whole world' mod for Morrowind that changes
all the clothes and scenery to a more modern setting...
--
--S.S.B. is the code name for America's daring, highly | kendrick @io .com
trained special mission force. Its purpose: to |