Optra R+ paper problem

I picked up an Optra R+ (11,000 pages) and the only problem with it
is :
when the printing process starts it immediately beeps and says load
paper ( has a full tray) . I then open it up and find a sheet a paper
half in the tray. I take the paper out and sometimes do process
several times before it prints and sometimes in the middle of
printing the same problem happens again.
Solutions well come.

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

RogerRabbit@NoWhere.com wrote:
>I picked up an Optra R+ (11,000 pages) and the only problem with it
>is :
>when the printing process starts it immediately beeps and says load
>paper ( has a full tray) . I then open it up and find a sheet a paper
>half in the tray. I take the paper out and sometimes do process
>several times before it prints and sometimes in the middle of
>printing the same problem happens again.
>Solutions well come.

Your description appears to be that of worn pick up rollers, I haven't worked
on this model for some time but my recollection is that the rollers are easy to
replace but can be put in backwards (won't work reliably then), the rollers
probably have little arrows on them that indicates the correct alignment.
A quick search found http://www.all-laser.com/st_main.html?p_catid=317 for one
source of Lexmark parts
Tony

Remove your paper try and open up the clam shell top and gently remove
the toner/cartridge assembly.

Close the clamshell and turn the unit on its left hand side. You'll
find a D shaped roller. That's your paper pick roller and it pulls the
paper from the paper tray into the machine. It's probablly all dried
out or burned and distorted from use/heat, etc.
You might be able to find a printer repair facility to replace it at
reasonable cost. Or you can try to clean it.
Don't use any alcohol or similar product, that wil just dry it out
even more.

I've used automotive belt dressing, rubbed very gingerly on rollers on
similar printers and even a fax machine.

Not a long term solution, but more of a quick
fix............until..............

Good luck.

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:26:30 -0400, RogerRabbit@NoWhere.com wrote:

>I picked up an Optra R+ (11,000 pages) and the only problem with it
>is :
>when the printing process starts it immediately beeps and says load
>paper ( has a full tray) . I then open it up and find a sheet a paper
>half in the tray. I take the paper out and sometimes do process
>several times before it prints and sometimes in the middle of
>printing the same problem happens again.
>Solutions well come.

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 19:26:30 -0400, RogerRabbit@NoWhere.com wrote:

>I picked up an Optra R+ (11,000 pages) and the only problem with it
>is :
>when the printing process starts it immediately beeps and says load
>paper ( has a full tray) . I then open it up and find a sheet a paper
>half in the tray. I take the paper out and sometimes do process
>several times before it prints and sometimes in the middle of
>printing the same problem happens again.
>Solutions well come.

thanks for the help