Virtual PC 2004 and AOL

I have Virtual PC 2004 installed with Windows XP Pro as the host OS.
The Microsoft Loopback Adapter is installed.
ip 192.168.1.1
Workgroup Name: WORKGROUP
The virtual machine has Windows Server 2003 installed.
ip 192.168.1.2
Workgroup Name: WORKGROUP
I am using AOL dialup.

I am unable to connect as a network the two computers, each computer can see
its own shared files, or enable ICS in AOL to connect the Virtual Machine to
the Internet in order to Acitivate Windows Server 2003.

Can any body help?
4 answers Last reply
More about virtual 2004

    I got the lan to work. I had to enable "Allow others to share my files and
    printers" in Sygate firewall options.

    Now all that is left is to access the internet through AOL dialup.

    Does anybody know how to enable ICS for AOL in WINXP Pro?

    Donald

    "Donald" wrote:

    > I have Virtual PC 2004 installed with Windows XP Pro as the host OS.
    > The Microsoft Loopback Adapter is installed.
    > ip 192.168.1.1
    > Workgroup Name: WORKGROUP
    > The virtual machine has Windows Server 2003 installed.
    > ip 192.168.1.2
    > Workgroup Name: WORKGROUP
    > I am using AOL dialup.
    >
    > I am unable to connect as a network the two computers, each computer can see
    > its own shared files, or enable ICS in AOL to connect the Virtual Machine to
    > the Internet in order to Acitivate Windows Server 2003.
    >
    > Can any body help?

    You should probably ask about this in the microsoft.public.virtualpc
    newsgroup.
    There have been many posts there on accessing dialup from within a virtual
    machine.

    "Donald" <Donald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have Virtual PC 2004 installed with Windows XP Pro as the host OS.
    > The Microsoft Loopback Adapter is installed.
    > ip 192.168.1.1
    > Workgroup Name: WORKGROUP
    > The virtual machine has Windows Server 2003 installed.
    > ip 192.168.1.2
    > Workgroup Name: WORKGROUP
    > I am using AOL dialup.
    >
    > I am unable to connect as a network the two computers, each computer can
    > see
    > its own shared files, or enable ICS in AOL to connect the Virtual Machine
    > the Internet in order to Acitivate Windows Server 2003.
    >
    > Can any body help?

    Have you checked with AOL? Only they would know if they've enabled ICS in
    their software? AOL has it's own proprietary presentation and connection
    software - completely independent and used in place of windows supplied
    software.

    --
    StringFellow Hawk

    "Dom, give me turbos"

    >I got the lan to work. I had to enable "Allow others to share my files and
    > printers" in Sygate firewall options.
    >
    > Now all that is left is to access the internet through AOL dialup.
    >
    > Does anybody know how to enable ICS for AOL in WINXP Pro?
    >
    > Donald
    >
    > "Donald" wrote:
    >
    >> I have Virtual PC 2004 installed with Windows XP Pro as the host OS.
    >> The Microsoft Loopback Adapter is installed.
    >> ip 192.168.1.1
    >> Workgroup Name: WORKGROUP
    >> The virtual machine has Windows Server 2003 installed.
    >> ip 192.168.1.2
    >> Workgroup Name: WORKGROUP
    >> I am using AOL dialup.
    >>
    >> I am unable to connect as a network the two computers, each computer can
    >> see
    >> its own shared files, or enable ICS in AOL to connect the Virtual Machine
    >> the Internet in order to Acitivate Windows Server 2003.
    >>
    >> Can any body help?

    First: AOL only supports AOL not ICS. That was threre response
    Second: There was no way to choose the forum from the post Window I used.

    I used the telephone Activation method to Activate the virtual W2K3 Server.
    AOL network connection does not allow you to enter properties, so I still
    can't use the web from the Virtual OS. I will have o try the Virtual PC forum.

    "Donald" wrote:

    > I have Virtual PC 2004 installed with Windows XP Pro as the host OS.
    > The Microsoft Loopback Adapter is installed.
    > ip 192.168.1.1
    > Workgroup Name: WORKGROUP
    > The virtual machine has Windows Server 2003 installed.
    > ip 192.168.1.2
    > Workgroup Name: WORKGROUP
    > I am using AOL dialup.
    >
    > I am unable to connect as a network the two computers, each computer can see
    > its own shared files, or enable ICS in AOL to connect the Virtual Machine to
    > the Internet in order to Acitivate Windows Server 2003.
    >
    > Can any body help?

Virtual PC AOL Windows Server 2003 Windows XP