donald

I have Virtual PC 2004 installed with Windows XP Pro as the host OS.
The Microsoft Loopback Adapter is installed.
ip 192.168.1.1
Workgroup Name: WORKGROUP
The virtual machine has Windows Server 2003 installed.
ip 192.168.1.2
Workgroup Name: WORKGROUP
I am using AOL dialup.

I am unable to connect as a network the two computers, each computer can see
its own shared files, or enable ICS in AOL to connect the Virtual Machine to
the Internet in order to Acitivate Windows Server 2003.

Can any body help?

donald

I got the lan to work. I had to enable "Allow others to share my files and
printers" in Sygate firewall options.

Now all that is left is to access the internet through AOL dialup.

Does anybody know how to enable ICS for AOL in WINXP Pro?

Donald

"Donald" wrote:

> I have Virtual PC 2004 installed with Windows XP Pro as the host OS.
> The Microsoft Loopback Adapter is installed.
> ip 192.168.1.1
> Workgroup Name: WORKGROUP
> The virtual machine has Windows Server 2003 installed.
> ip 192.168.1.2
> Workgroup Name: WORKGROUP
> I am using AOL dialup.
>
> I am unable to connect as a network the two computers, each computer can see
> its own shared files, or enable ICS in AOL to connect the Virtual Machine to
> the Internet in order to Acitivate Windows Server 2003.
>
> Can any body help?

You should probably ask about this in the microsoft.public.virtualpc
newsgroup.
There have been many posts there on accessing dialup from within a virtual
machine.

"Donald" <Donald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Virtual PC 2004 installed with Windows XP Pro as the host OS.
> The Microsoft Loopback Adapter is installed.
> ip 192.168.1.1
> Workgroup Name: WORKGROUP
> The virtual machine has Windows Server 2003 installed.
> ip 192.168.1.2
> Workgroup Name: WORKGROUP
> I am using AOL dialup.
>
> I am unable to connect as a network the two computers, each computer can
> see
> its own shared files, or enable ICS in AOL to connect the Virtual Machine
> the Internet in order to Acitivate Windows Server 2003.
>
> Can any body help?

Have you checked with AOL? Only they would know if they've enabled ICS in
their software? AOL has it's own proprietary presentation and connection
software - completely independent and used in place of windows supplied
software.

--
StringFellow Hawk

"Dom, give me turbos"

>I got the lan to work. I had to enable "Allow others to share my files and
> printers" in Sygate firewall options.
>
> Now all that is left is to access the internet through AOL dialup.
>
> Does anybody know how to enable ICS for AOL in WINXP Pro?
>
> Donald
>
> "Donald" wrote:
>
>> I have Virtual PC 2004 installed with Windows XP Pro as the host OS.
>> The Microsoft Loopback Adapter is installed.
>> ip 192.168.1.1
>> Workgroup Name: WORKGROUP
>> The virtual machine has Windows Server 2003 installed.
>> ip 192.168.1.2
>> Workgroup Name: WORKGROUP
>> I am using AOL dialup.
>>
>> I am unable to connect as a network the two computers, each computer can
>> see
>> its own shared files, or enable ICS in AOL to connect the Virtual Machine
>> the Internet in order to Acitivate Windows Server 2003.
>>
>> Can any body help?

donald

First: AOL only supports AOL not ICS. That was threre response
Second: There was no way to choose the forum from the post Window I used.

I used the telephone Activation method to Activate the virtual W2K3 Server.
AOL network connection does not allow you to enter properties, so I still
can't use the web from the Virtual OS. I will have o try the Virtual PC forum.