Check this: (See message)

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
Okay. Microsoft put its RC1 version of Vista up for grabs. Only 100,000 downloads are available. After that it will be cut off. I am not sure if later you will be able to get a free upgrade to the release version as MS's thanks for pre-release beta testing but.... anyhow, get it HERE and see what the hype is all about. Post how it works with your graphics cards/drivers/games. Very curious. Installing it now (doing upgrade from XP Pro on one of my office PCs)

IMPORTANT NOTE: You must have a DVD burner capable of making DVDs out of ISO files.

UBER IMPORTNANT NOTE: Do not upgrade your main XP install on your main PC. Install it on a clean hard drive or your secondary PC. This build is raw and has problems. If you install it over Windows on the PC you use all the time you will have problems and may have to reformat/reinstall everything.

Okay. Microsoft put its RC1 version of Vista up for grabs. Only 100,000 downloads are available. After that it will be cut off. I am not sure if later you will be able to get a free upgrade to the release version as MS's thanks for pre-release beta testing but.... anyhow, get it HERE and see what the hype is all about. Post how it works with your graphics cards/drivers/games. Very curious. Installing it now (doing upgrade from XP Pro on one of my office PCs)

IMPORTANT NOTE: You must have a DVD burner capable of making DVDs out of ISO files.

Maybe the file will complete the download by the time I leave the office. Whenever that is.

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
Thanks for the link seems fast for me
screenshot1mr6.jpg

In no time it'll be on Torrent and it's so much faster download that way. :wink:

Wish I could get my Pentium 133 mhz running. Tried to drop in a 288 mhz chip three years ago and forgot how the pins were set. Upgraded to that 133 from a 100mhz. Just to torture myself some more, what the hell.

asdasd123123

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
You know what's lame about the 64bit ed?

It's right bloody there, just switch x86 to x64 in the file name and you get a message about needing to download from the original page...

sirheck

Splendid
Feb 24, 2006
Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:19 pm Post subject: Re: Check this: (See message)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How 'bout you burning me a cd and mailing it to me? Be faster than what I have.

LOL!!! :D

cowboytech

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
Thanks for the link!
I must be Lucky, its coming in from 500 to 800 here, well, thats still an hour:)

read the requirments before you load, it really needs some of them!

asdasd123123

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
It refused to install on my 36gb raptor btw, just like Beta 1 did.
Stupid install doesnt even tell me WHY it just says
"windows vista was unable to find a suitable drive to install to"
There's two free formatted 36bg high speed drives to choose from!
Stupid Microsoft.

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
Well, the version I downloaded required an key for sure.

You are wrong about that unless you downloaded something else from somewhere else. During install process it insists that you enter the product key but you have an option NOT to enter it. I installed it and it works fine. Actually, it looks very nice. Can't wait to explore it more tomorrow.

EDIT: Oh, and make sure you choose to install the Vista ULTIMATE (not Home or Business or any other crap). When asked, tell it that this is the version you purchased.

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
It refused to install on my 36gb raptor btw, just like Beta 1 did.
Stupid install doesnt even tell me WHY it just says
"windows vista was unable to find a suitable drive to install to"
There's two free formatted 36bg high speed drives to choose from!
Stupid Microsoft.

Send this to Microsoft.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
You know what's lame about the 64bit ed?

It's right bloody there, just switch x86 to x64 in the file name and you get a message about needing to download from the original page...

Tried that, but the re-direct took me right back to the x32 dnld.... Some further checking on MS seems to indicate no x64 for this public pre release.

Oh well... @ 80% and patiently waiting.

Some further checking.... No 64 ed. for this version. (msfn.org)

and I hope my dnld finishes, because looks like the 100k limit's been reached.

necroshine67

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2006
Ok! just a few questions before becoming bill gates test crash dummy 8O

anyone tried the ati cat beta2 drivers with the x1xxx series?
you think vista will support 98 games? sorry i love my quake arena :D
I've got 1 comp, how much of a risk is this beta?

athlon64 3200+
1 gig ocz plat new rev
x1900xt
liteon dvd burner

The 450 Pentium is up and running. :D Dragged it out of the garage and got it fired up. One tidbit of note, the graphic card. Nvidia RIVA TNT 16 meg. graphic card. Driver version 2.9.5.8 7/2/2001. I'm on the net with it, no problem. No big deal...everything just takes a long time.