File Verification

Bruce

I have an application, mstask.exe, trying to run as a
server as reported by Zone Alarm. My question: Is this a
legitimate Microsoft file? Could this be a 'trojan' and
how do I verify. Some of the info reported by the file
properties indicates a legitimate MS file. However, the
created date makes it seem not right. See properties
below. Generally, how does one verify files reported by
Zone Alarm before 'allow'ing them to run?

The following is reported as the files properties:
Type of file: Application
Location: C:\WINNT\system32
Size: 116KB (119,568 bytes)
Size on disk: 120KB (122,880 bytes)
Created: Monday, April 05, 2004, 10:51:40 AM
Modified: Monday, April 05, 2004, 10:51:40 AM
Accessed: Today, .....

I am suspect and would appreciate verification by you.

Thanks,
Bruce

"Bruce" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have an application, mstask.exe, trying to run as a
> server as reported by Zone Alarm. My question: Is this a
> legitimate Microsoft file? Could this be a 'trojan' and
> how do I verify. Some of the info reported by the file
> properties indicates a legitimate MS file. However, the
> created date makes it seem not right. See properties
> below. Generally, how does one verify files reported by
> Zone Alarm before 'allow'ing them to run?
>
> The following is reported as the files properties:
> Type of file: Application
> Location: C:\WINNT\system32
> Size: 116KB (119,568 bytes)
> Size on disk: 120KB (122,880 bytes)
> Created: Monday, April 05, 2004, 10:51:40 AM
> Modified: Monday, April 05, 2004, 10:51:40 AM
> Accessed: Today, .....
>
> I am suspect and would appreciate verification by you.
>
> Thanks,
> Bruce

mstask.exe is a valid Microsoft file. Zone alarm is showing it as a server,
because tasks that you schedule are automatically shared on the network.