Changing drive letters

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.windows.file_system (More info?)

I have installed a new drive under W2K workstation and copied the contents
of an old one over to
it. I have removed the old one and want the new one to assume its drive
letter. How do I do this?

At present the new drive is E:, and I want it to be D:.

Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about changing drive letters
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.windows.file_system (More info?)

    You can reassign non-system non-boot partition drive letters in Disk
    Management
    Start|Run|diskmgmt.msc

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Andrew Chalk" wrote:
    | I have installed a new drive under W2K workstation and copied the contents
    | of an old one over to
    | it. I have removed the old one and want the new one to assume its drive
    | letter. How do I do this?
    |
    | At present the new drive is E:, and I want it to be D:.
    |
    | Thanks!

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.windows.file_system (More info?)

    Thanks!
    "Dave Patrick" <mail@NoSpam.DSPatrick.com> wrote in message
    > You can reassign non-system non-boot partition drive letters in Disk
    > Management
    > Start|Run|diskmgmt.msc
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "Andrew Chalk" wrote:
    > | I have installed a new drive under W2K workstation and copied the
    contents
    > | of an old one over to
    > | it. I have removed the old one and want the new one to assume its drive
    > | letter. How do I do this?
    > |
    > | At present the new drive is E:, and I want it to be D:.
    > |
    > | Thanks!

File System Microsoft Windows