  • Microsoft
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 26, 2004 2:09:39 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.windows.file_system (More info?)

I have installed a new drive under W2K workstation and copied the contents
of an old one over to
it. I have removed the old one and want the new one to assume its drive
letter. How do I do this?

At present the new drive is E:, and I want it to be D:.

Thanks!

More about : changing drive letters

Anonymous
July 26, 2004 2:09:40 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system,microsoft.public.win2000.setup,microsoft.public.windows.file_system (More info?)

You can reassign non-system non-boot partition drive letters in Disk
Management
Start|Run|diskmgmt.msc

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Andrew Chalk" wrote:
| I have installed a new drive under W2K workstation and copied the contents
| of an old one over to
| it. I have removed the old one and want the new one to assume its drive
| letter. How do I do this?
|
| At present the new drive is E:, and I want it to be D:.
|
| Thanks!

Anonymous
July 26, 2004 4:12:41 AM

news:o 36B%23HscEHA.996@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...