Windows 2000 (NTFS) Cannot open or copy certain files

When I try to open or copy certain files, I get an error
as to the application cannot find that file. When I try
to copy the file to another location, I recieve a Access
is denied.
Tried to open as local administratot, no luck.
Tried safe mode, no luck.
Problem exists with different file formats, Word, Excel,
PDF.
Checked security settings on each file and higher levels,
Everyone is set to Full Control.

But the strange thing is that I can delete the files,
just not open or copy.

Has anybody seen this?

Help or insight would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Usually that means some other application (most likely an AV scanner) has
locked the file for exclusive access. We have also seen this with some
backup software (esp. using the 'open file' option).

I would recommend checking w/the vendor for either solution to see if they
have any updates.

Pat

"Makan Danji" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to open or copy certain files, I get an error
> as to the application cannot find that file. When I try
> to copy the file to another location, I recieve a Access
> is denied.
> Tried to open as local administratot, no luck.
> Tried safe mode, no luck.
> Problem exists with different file formats, Word, Excel,
> PDF.
> Checked security settings on each file and higher levels,
> Everyone is set to Full Control.
>
> But the strange thing is that I can delete the files,
> just not open or copy.
>
> Has anybody seen this?
>
> Help or insight would be appreciated.
>
> Thank you.

Hi, could you try to copy or delete your file with a dos command (type cmd from Run item in the start menu) If it does not work, your file is probably a wrong file on your system, so try to open your windows system with the console at the startup and delete this file from the administrative console. WinSysBee Support nntp://news.free.fr/microsoft.public.win2000.file_system/<40a501c4730c$e17eec90$a401280a@phx.gbl>