NOM question on tisane quests

Hmm, while I once completed the tisane quests (got both sets of
recipies), now that I am trying to do them to make tisanes, the second
quest does not show up. that is, after completing the first quest for
the witch, she mentions a friend needing help, but no dialogue options
show up to trigger the quest. Have tried going to the friend, but
there is no quest there, either.

Does anyone know if there is some hidden qualifier for the quest (such
as being at a higher level, etc.) or if the fact that the quest does
not show up means my game is flawed. (I have had this failure in three
successive games. I use TesToolKit to keep my mods more or less
compatible.)

> [I don't get the second Tisane Quest]
>
> Does anyone know if there is some hidden qualifier for the quest (such
> as being at a higher level, etc.) or if the fact that the quest does
> not show up means my game is flawed. (I have had this failure in three
> successive games. I use TesToolKit to keep my mods more or less
> compatible.)

There is no hidden qualifier; you only need to have completed the
first quest.
Maybe TESToolKit did screw up your mods. Personally, I don't use it,
because I don't trust a program that offers a "just fix it" button
without providing any explanation of what exactly it is going to do.
If you still have the original .esp files, try to fix your mods
manually by using the "TES Plugin Conflict Detector" and the
"Enchanted Editor". This will take some time, but you will be
able to decide what you delete from your mods and what you want to
keep. You could try using TESToolKit again, but make sure that it
doesn't change or delete any dialogue this time.

If you don't want to go through all that trouble, you could try to
add the dialogue topic "help a friend" by using the Console.
In order to do so, open the Console, click on Trillian Gabriant
(the Console title should show her name) and enter the following
line:
addTopic "help a friend"

Hope I could help
Björn