DS3, SATA/HD problems.

Liquidhellz

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
Ok im going to try and describe this the best that I can. Im building a new CPU from scratch using the new DS3 Mobo, Core 2 Duo E6600, GSkill DDR2 6400 Ram, and Seagate 320 GB HD. I can get to the Bios screen and adjust anything need be in there, I can boot from my Windows CD and load Windows onto the HD(Windows XP Home). BUT when I take the Windows CD out after it is finished installing and try to start up it goes to the final screen before the windows XP logo screen and just restarts indefinatly. Im thinking it has something to do with the HD because I swapped it out with my old Western Digital IDE hard drive and it loaded all the way to windows.. worked and everything. (just took a really really long time to load windows..) This is a SATA HD and im not sure how exactly it should be installed.. shouldnt windows just recognize it right away like it did with the older IDE? I formatted the Seagate SATA and everything before the windows installation. Ive done everything in the Gigabyte manual pertaining to the SATA install and it still wont work. Ive also been on Seagates site to get their floppy boot thingy and I tried loading that before it restarts and it says something like MS DOS NOT FOUND. Then it restarts. Anyone have any ideas? If you need more info please ask. Thanks in advance.

Liquidhellz

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
OK, been doing some searching and reading here on the boards and apparently I need to make a floppy boot disk with these drivers one it LINK Which ones do I put on it? Under the SATA section correct?

OR am I supposed to do something with this? LINK The disk wizard from Seagate?

Any comments/suggestions/help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.