HTTP_REFERER

Having trouble getting on a site I used to access regularly. How do I get
on site when I get an HTTP_REFERER message?
Is there a way to bypass it? Thanks.

I suspect that it is a server side issue and not something you can control.

"NB" <anon@insightbb.com> wrote in message
> Having trouble getting on a site I used to access regularly. How do I get
> on site when I get an HTTP_REFERER message?
> Is there a way to bypass it? Thanks.

bernie

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

You may have some utility that blocks HTTP_REFERER such as Norton Internet
Security installed.
The site wants to know where you surfed from and NIS default settings block
this for privacy reasons. Why, because it's none of their business what
site you were previously at.
If you'd like to allow it, read the manual provided with the security
utility you may have installed.