Sign in with
Your question

Inquirer made me laugh

Last response: in CPUs
August 30, 2006 5:02:41 AM

As much as I know how much people take the Inquirer with a grain, or a whole shaker, of salt, but I was reading an article about AMD and Intel in media encoding, when this statement made me laugh a bit.

Quote:
The E6600 is as good as a FX62, but AMD is still better at the lower end, partly because, there are no E6100 or 62000 for the time being.

That was pretty funny, because I was actually expecting some sort of spin or complaint about how the tests were run. The article has a link to Lost Circuits, who actually did the comparasions.

The Infamous (not IN famous) Inquirer

More about : inquirer made laugh

August 30, 2006 5:35:15 AM

Quote:
Maurice Le Wibble, another new author added to my blacklist.
Thank you! :D 

That's a great name...almost as good as Buck Nekked.
August 30, 2006 5:38:21 AM

Quote:
As much as I know how much people take the Inquirer with a grain, or a whole shaker, of salt, but I was reading an article about AMD and Intel in media encoding, when this statement made me laugh a bit.

The E6600 is as good as a FX62, but AMD is still better at the lower end, partly because, there are no E6100 or 62000 for the time being.

That was pretty funny, because I was actually expecting some sort of spin or complaint about how the tests were run. The article has a link to Lost Circuits, who actually did the comparasions.

The Infamous (not IN famous) Inquirer

I wonder how much a 62000 will cost? How will it bench? will it be 32nm?
(I know, I know, it was a typo, but I couldnt resist)

The premise is funny though...'Harley Davidson cant compete with Honda because they dont make a scooter'. True, but kind of pointless.

What I find very intersting is their X2 5000 comment:

" 5000+** $301 **from AMD price list - chip is very difficult to find at retail"

Peace
August 30, 2006 7:56:38 AM

Quote:
Maurice Le Wibble, another new author added to my blacklist.
Thank you! :D 

That's a great name...almost as good as Buck Nekked.
I had a clip somewhere of a reporter called Willy Stroker... :lol: 
!