Need Help- Core 2 Duo and P5B Deluxe WiFi

zelf

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006
Alright so I have finally figured out MOST of my issues with my P5B Deluxe WiFi. I am running my E6400 @ 3200mhz right now (400 FSB). Seems to be stable but I have to stress test it. The only thing I modified in the BIOS is the vCore (1.4), RAM voltage (1.9) and my FSB. Everything else I left alone. So its all great and dandy but then I check CPU-Z.

According to it my RAM timings are 5-7-7-23. Why 23 ? I am running the Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2-6400 TwinX ram. Its timings are supposed to be 5-5-5-12. So I tried setting that in the BIOS but then my comp wouldnt boot. So WTF is happening? Bad RAM?

Pictures

OCLD.JPG

OCLD2.JPG

zelf

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2006
Ok well I boosted voltage to 2.0. Then booted, it worked fine but CPU-Z was still giving me the high readings. So then I went back into BIOS and changed it to 5-5-5-12. No Boot this time. I don't understand why this is happening because the XMS2 was factory tested at 5-5-5-12 @ 1.9V. Again is this me or is this bad ram?

Oh and another thing, I was running dual prime over the night and my temperatures where like 71C when I came back (CoreTemp) should I be worried? Or should I just leave it alone since it works fine (Ran Dual Prime with no problems for 9 hours).

sluzbenik

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2006
Zelf, I have the EXACT same set-up, and I do not have that issue with those Corsairs. I have been to 3.2ghz and it holds the timings at 400FSB.

Have you run Memtest on the ram modules yet? Also, boot with one stick and then the other and see what it says.

If you can try the RAM in someone else's computer.

70c is high for daily usage I would say. Intel says, and this is from an email in reply to my complaints about the crappy Intel HSF, "The maximum operating temperature of the Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo processor E6400 is 61.4 degrees Celsius."

If you want a decent clock for daily usage, try 400x7. At dual load I am 55c now.