bridge.dll file missing

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

I have win2000 and when I boot my machine it gives me an
error saying "cannot properly load module:
C:/WINNT/System32/bridge.dll file"

I click ok, and the maching boots fine and everything
seems to work ok. I have looked on other machines with the
same o/s and I can't find that file anywhere on other
machined either.

Everything does seem to work ok, but it just annoys me to
get that error everytime i boot.

Is there a fix?

Natively you can; Start\Settings\Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Computer
Management(Local)\System Information\Software Environment\Startup
Programs|View|Advanced, then in the "Location" column, you'll find the path
to the "Startup" location either in the "Startup" directories or from the
registry's "Run" keys.

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
%USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

You can delete the shortcuts that you no longer want to run.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

You can delete the string value for the program you no longer want to run.

or copy msconfig from Windows XP to the "windows" directory

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]