MrJangles14

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2005
Hey, Im using my floppy drive to flash my gpu bios however when i put the windows boot disk in and restart the computer, I get an error that says something like I/O error, remove disk and press anykey or something like that.

Im able to access the floppy while in windows, so I dont get it. thanks for the help

MrJangles14

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2005
What I did was I put the floppy in the drive, right clicked on the drive in explorer, made a startup disk and then coppied over the Bios file and then Flashrom

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
? What Os are you using? Grab a 98 bootdisk from boodisk.com and boot from that image. Also use two separate disk, on for the flash, the other for the bootable image. Make sure you know the the commands for flashing before you start also, one wrong move and your toast.

MrJangles14

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2005
Im using XP, all of the articles i read just said put the floppy in and type the commands, ill try putting them on two seperate floppies.

So on one floppy put the Dos boot disc and then on the other floppy put Flashrom and the Bios?

PaulWJones

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
This seems too obvious to bother asking, but...

What type of floppy drive connection are you using? Some of the BIOS flash routines can cope with conventional floppy attachments, but not USB. Sometimes there are also CD based flash routines, so you might poke around the Mobo site for this.