Sign in with
Your question
Closed

My pc freezes when i'm playing a game???

Last response: in CPUs
August 30, 2006 7:24:08 AM

Right now I have azureus running. It's not eating up a whole lot of memory. But when i'm playing a game i'm not laggy or anything. BUt after when I quite my game, my pc freezes for about a few minutes. This normal? never exprienced this before.

More about : freezes playing game

August 30, 2006 7:57:01 AM

System freezing?
Wow amazing, my sys totally overheats while gaming.. wots ure secret??
:p  :p 
H/ware looks fine.
May be s/ware issue.
Obviously if u OC try running std...
Otherwise uninstall/ reinstall.

Thats abt all i know how to do
August 30, 2006 11:18:22 AM

I agree wit wusy,
A nice clean install is a great way to get rid of nasty lil cookies, reg edits, leftover drivers, etc etc etc etc.
YOu'll find your rig will be alot snappier after you do that.
Remember though.... BACK UP your docs FIRST !!!! :wink:
Related resources
August 31, 2006 4:02:32 AM

Quote:
Most likely just the game trying to quit itself properly.
Remember, 90% of the time after 6 months of Windows, it's going to screw up somewhere.

I find it the perfect chance to update all my softwares at once with a clean install.

Well I already done that. But I just dont' get why it's doing that. I just did a clean install. I dunno. Hopefully it's not serious.
August 31, 2006 4:06:02 AM

Quote:
Most likely just the game trying to quit itself properly.
Remember, 90% of the time after 6 months of Windows, it's going to screw up somewhere.

I find it the perfect chance to update all my softwares at once with a clean install.

How dare you impune the reliability of Windows OS's. Windows OS's are the finest family of OS's ever created.............Bill Gates says so. [/sarcasm] :wink:
August 31, 2006 4:07:43 AM

Quote:
Right now I have azureus running. It's not eating up a whole lot of memory. But when i'm playing a game i'm not laggy or anything. BUt after when I quite my game, my pc freezes for about a few minutes. This normal? never exprienced this before.

I've experienced the same thing on alot of different machines. Typically it's when I'm running programs in the background while gaming. I've heard it is because of the system unloading the game from the RAM and reloading the OS. After a few seconds it gets better right. Some games are worse than others.

Edit: I just reread your post and noticed you said it freezes for a few minutes. Something is wrong if that's the case. I'm talking a minute of unresponsiveness at the most.
August 31, 2006 7:50:12 AM

Quote:

I've experienced the same thing on alot of different machines. Typically it's when I'm running programs in the background while gaming. I've heard it is because of the system unloading the game from the RAM and reloading the OS. After a few seconds it gets better right. Some games are worse than others.

Edit: I just reread your post and noticed you said it freezes for a few minutes. Something is wrong if that's the case. I'm talking a minute of unresponsiveness at the most.

Crap so something maybe wrong with my pc??? I mean i just did a fresh install on my pc. I actually have less thing running in the background before the fresh install. Like I said when I was playing a steam game I had azuerus running in the background and Spyware doctor 4.0, Mcafee running. I mean with a pc like mine I dont think it should freeze up like that. This only has happen when I'm doing what I just described. Could it be too much is running in the background? Should I turn off spyware doctor? I'll give those things a try. As a matter of fact I'm dowloading something right now and I'll play a game, but disable spyware doctor. Hopefully that should work. But any how I have a pretty good pc and I dont' think it should do that. OH well. Well any other advice would be great. Thanks for all ur help on TG. :twisted:

I should also add that When I was playing a steam game I was bidding something on Ebay. I would stop playing But not quite the game. I would just open up my browser (firefox 1.5) and check on ebay. Then I would just assume playing my game with no problems. But when I quite steam that's when It freezes up. Very wierd. God i'm so unlucky with PC
October 29, 2010 9:03:37 AM

me too have a problem with my computer.i don't have trouble when surfing internet and using softwares.however,when im playing games lately it starts to slow down and i have to pause to get it back to speed.what should i do???(i have scanned my computer with avira,clean my registry with Registry Mechanic 10.0,defragment my disk D and C (have problems defragmenting C) and scanned my disk for errors(no errors) and how to clean my fan without using vaccuum or compressed air,because i don't have one.Please Helph!!!
a b à CPUs
October 30, 2010 4:32:22 AM

@maidy86, check the post dates. This thread is over four years old!!
!