Defrag Report Shows No Files

I have Windows XP Home Edition SP1.

I did a defrag, and it worked nicely, as all files now show contiguous.
But, when the defrag ended, the message was ...some files on this volume
could not be defragmented...check the defrag report for a list of these
files...

When I view report, all there is are statistics. In the file listing
window, there are no files shown.

Why is this?

TIA
1 answer Last reply
More about defrag report shows files

    Files That You Cannot Defragment
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/reskit/en-us/prkd_tro_ldtg.asp

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:Xns959292C6DC352stetson@216.148.227.77,
    Jeff <Jeff@invalid.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I have Windows XP Home Edition SP1.
    >
    > I did a defrag, and it worked nicely, as all files now show
    > contiguous. But, when the defrag ended, the message was ...some files
    > on this volume could not be defragmented...check the defrag report
    > for a list of these files...
    >
    > When I view report, all there is are statistics. In the file listing
    > window, there are no files shown.
    >
    > Why is this?
    >
    > TIA

Defragment Microsoft Windows XP