Microsoft Office XP Pro. w/Front Page no longer loads Erro..

October 30, 2004 6:39:02 PM

Recently I ran a list of updates from the WEindow Udate site and all of a
sudden my MS Office Pro2003 would come up on the screen as if it were being
installed for the first time. Now I am completely unable to open any part of
the program as it stops the installation process at a point where it askes
for the CD ROM which I no longer can locate after moving. When I search for
the file it seeks "MS Office Setup ProPlus" I cannot find it on my system. I
have lost all word processing capabilities on the system as well as countless
accessibility to those files
Anonymous
October 30, 2004 7:37:20 PM

Brian

See if my suggestion at this google search thread addresses the problem.

Worked wonders for at least one poster.

http://snipurl.com/a6ke

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:39:02 -0700, BrianJ <BrianJ@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Recently I ran a list of updates from the WEindow Udate site and all of a
>sudden my MS Office Pro2003 would come up on the screen as if it were being
>installed for the first time. Now I am completely unable to open any part of
>the program as it stops the installation process at a point where it askes
>for the CD ROM which I no longer can locate after moving. When I search for
>the file it seeks "MS Office Setup ProPlus" I cannot find it on my system. I
>have lost all word processing capabilities on the system as well as countless
>accessibility to those files
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 11:03:02 AM

"BrianJ" wrote:

> Recently I ran a list of updates from the WEindow Udate site and all of a
> sudden my MS Office Pro2003 would come up on the screen as if it were being
> installed for the first time. Now I am completely unable to open any part of
> the program as it stops the installation process at a point where it askes
> for the CD ROM which I no longer can locate after moving. When I search for
> the file it seeks "MS Office Setup ProPlus" I cannot find it on my system. I
> have lost all word processing capabilities on the system as well as countless
> accessibility to those files
I suggest that you also start a search for the CD. At some point you are
going to need it.
!