invisible folders

This is the first time I encountered this. There is a folder on my W2K
Server named RKD in E:\users. The problem is this folder can't be seen
from windows explorer and/or from DOS when you execute "dir". Verified
that the folder does not have a hidden attribute.When I do a "CD RKD"
from the E:\Users directory the directory is there and I can go inside
it and view the files. Has anyone ever experienced this? It is very weird.

Joel

The E:\USERS\RKD folder probably has a "System" attribute.

To see "System" files from Windows Explorer:
Click [Start]
Settings
Control Panel
Folder Options
Click the View tab
Uncheck the box "Hide protected operating system files"
Click [OK]

Other ways to see it from the Command Prompt:
Open the Command Prompt (cmd.exe)
Type ATTRIB /S /D E:\USERS
Press [Enter]
Type DIR /A E:\USERS
Press [Enter]

To remove the "System" attribute:
Open the Command Prompt (cmd.exe)
Type ATTRIB -S E:\USERS\RKD
Press [Enter]

Austin M. Horst

Tried all of that options.....did not work :(