Fun with NOM, Wizards Island and companions

So, I'm finally ready to go to Wizards Island. I have many bottles of
water, some food, and a VTA travel ring for MW to get me back if I need
to keep from starving to death. (save game first). When I get there,
Laura and Constance are no where to be found.

Reload.

Play for a while until I have telepathy rings for both (which allows
them to recall to me).

Go to wizards island. Recall Constance. She starts walking off.
Recall Laura. Constance is now swimming due west. Swim madly to catch
up and tell her to follow. She agrees, and keeps swimming due west.
travel. Recall Constance and VTA travel to Pelegiad. It is now night.
Hmm, forgot that VTA travel takes time (seldom use it). constance
heads due west.

Reload.

Tell constance to meet me in Vivec, go to WI. Recall Laura. I hope
constance is not lost forever in the west.

Will let fellow NOMists and companion people know if I find a way to
survive on WI.

Well, after three days on the island, I'll report that there is some
food (a few rats, mudcrabs, stored saltrice, wickwheat and the like.
So far, no beverages. I'd like to state that it was probably a tad
foolhardy to come here with a level 4 character. She has died to wasps
a few times. She should have brought more healig potions and entirely
skipped the useless soul gems. You cannot drink soul gems. You cannot
throw them at monsters. You are too busy fighting to try to cast soul
trap (well, except for one of the rats). I suspect most of what I've
run into is leveled (moonmoths and wasps are tough for my little
bosmer). I am still hopeful that VTA travel ring will allow me to
restock water and food without messing up the WI quests.

BTW, so far, this is a beautiful mod, and well worth a few hassles
getting it to "work" with my others. (Though, I am fearful that I may
have lost constance for the rest of this game.)

Ahh, I gave up and deinstalled NOM (had to reinstall lights-300 as
that was convolved with NOM). I noticed that, on my main map, I had a
small sliver of the secret island to the east, and the other half to
the west. (as if the world "wrapped", but with hard limits at the
edges when I tried to move the mpa). Also, there was this ENORMOUS
island (about the size of Vvardenfell) N of the secret island.
So......I have set NOM aside to play WI and some of the other mods that
add NOM-less landmasses.

> Ahh, I gave up and deinstalled NOM (had to reinstall lights-300 as
> that was convolved with NOM). I noticed that, on my main map, I had a
> small sliver of the secret island to the east, and the other half to
> the west. (as if the world "wrapped", but with hard limits at the
> edges when I tried to move the mpa). Also, there was this ENORMOUS
> island (about the size of Vvardenfell) N of the secret island.
> So......I have set NOM aside to play WI and some of the other mods that
> add NOM-less landmasses.

Hm, I'm quite sure that NoM isn't the reason for those errors. I did
try Wizard Islands myself and it didn't conflict with any mod.
However, WI proved to be too much for my computer (the transport to
the main island took approximatively 6 minutes), so I uninstalled
it after I reached the main island to the west of Morrowind.
But that's a different story; let's get back to your problem:
I don't know where that enormous island north of the secret island
came from, but it definitely is not part of NoM.
If you'd like to play WI with NoM, you could also use the Console
to give yourself some food.
Or you could write a NoM addon for WI. Admittedly that is a time
consuming task, but if you plan to use WI with NoM in future games,
it may pay off.

Björn

"If you'd like to play WI with NoM, you could also use the Console
to give yourself some food. "

Never thought of that! Thanks. I've used the "placeatpc" command to
regenerate NPCs that got killed after falling through the landscape (a
certain orc comes to mind)....but didn't think to use it for food. Or,
more importantly, for water.

I've restarted a game without NOM, so I think I'll try WI that way
first. I do miss NOM, though. Not sure why....it's a bit like missing
Lilarcor.