Can I force DFS to use a certain path for replication?

Sceneario; College network split in two. I have a Dorm
network called Resnet and an Admin network called
Adminnet. They are seperated by a firewall - the campus is
also connected to the Internet at this firewall. Currently
all traffic between resnet and adminnet passes through
this firewall. I have a series of user home folders and a
series of "lab" folders that need to be accessible from
both networks. Piping that traffic through the firewall
doesnt work out too well so I want to put a file server on
each side of the firewall to house the data and use DFS to
replicate between the two. I would like to plug the 2
servers directly to each other using a second NIC in each
and only allow DFS replication through that link - I want
all other traffic to be forced through the firewall. Is
this possible? If so how do I configure it?
Thanks!

Jeff H

PS - sorry, I am cross posting several lists because Im
not sure which one is appropriate for DFS questions...

I have a network with a 2k and 2k3 web servers that need to replicate
websites accross a firewall. One site is on the LAN(2k) and the other
is on the DMZ(2k3). Well, I have been fighting the firewall for about
2 weeks now trying to get services set to allow and to coicide. My
best advice is to go and make sure you have 2 dc's on each side for
replication and don't go through the firewall it is just a pain. If
you have to give access to the "Lab" and "home" folder, you could
always set it up as a ftp site, then not only could they access it from
the dorm and the admin net they could also hit it anywhere.

"I would like to plug the 2
servers directly to each other using a second NIC in each
and only allow DFS replication through that link "

just set both nics to the same ip address for both machines, go to
network prop, ip, advanced and add the ip addy's. That is also really
good for Network load balancing, for failover.

Good luck,

my best advice is to his the msn site

--
ck_admin